cant connect ...help needed

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

djpkins

cant connect ...help needed

Post by djpkins »

Havin a prob connecting to imoc, can browse the forum on my phone. But no connection on my laptop, happened a while ago and deleting browsing history sorted it , doesnt work now, tried contacting the commitee but thst is also unavailable to me on my phone...can someone bring this to the attention of a moddrator..im fed up of the same fkn xxxx every day...wtf is going on..can get on every other web site in the world...exept imoc. Thanks guys.
MR2 Rich

Re: cant connect ...help needed

Post by MR2 Rich »

Might help if you say what browser you are using to connect to the Internet on your laptop :thumleft:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

There was a few minutes of downtime earlier, might have been that?

Edit : Nevermind, it's persistent.
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

Ie9...had a new hd a week or two ago, but was happening before that..on a 3 dongle..can surf youtube or download music from hmv ,itunes...only imoc.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

You might want to Try Mozilla Firefox heard problems with IE on some forums.
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

Its been ok using ie for the last 3 years, can someone pls tell scott...hes the guy who helped last time...cant even contact the commitee from my phone...status 404 everytime..wtf goes on.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

ive been using IE for the last 3 years on imoc and never had a problem so its not going to be that
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

This is to do with pop ups or some kind of issue to do with the new windows secutity as opposed to avg? Its deffo not letting me on cos of my laptop,tried all 3 of my dongles and the same happens ...every other site I want except imoc...im in the middle of breaking my car for fks sake...not internetl savvy and need help..also why 404 from my phone when I now try to contact the committee?
vtecpower

Post by vtecpower »

you tried deleting your cookies and clearing your SSL state buddy
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

Yeah...that worked for me a week ago but no joy now, deleted the lot inc passwords...and why can I no longer contact the commitee, I sent scott a msg from my phone the last time and he suggested exactly as you did, which cured it...downloadinv avg now..c if that helps.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Ben broke that page when the site was moved to the new server. I'll see if I can find it and resurrect it.

Do this and see what happens:

Click Start
In the search box type command prompt
Click to open Command Prompt when it finds it
In the black box type ping www.imoc.co.uk
Tell me what output you get

I suspect you're suffering from the DNS issue highlighted here:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=158577
And here:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=161303
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

Ping request could not find host www.imoc.co.uk please check the name and try again.
Think this is dongle related, just been on a land ine and straight in no probs, tried a mates laptop and dongle and it too didnt work
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

That means you're having a DNS problem.

Try this:

Open My Computer
Browse to C:, Windows, System32, drivers, etc
Right click the 'hosts' file and click Properties
Untick the Read Only tickbox
Click Start, type Notepad in the search box
Right click Notepad when it appears and click Run as Administrator
Open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
At the end of the file add a new line that says

188.40.142.207 www.imoc.co.uk

(the gap between the number and the website address should be a TAB (the button next to Q) not spaces)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

Ok..will give that a go, sounds hugely complicated though, for me...it was working fine untill a day or two ago and ive only deleted my history, the new hd has been set up with only one user account and I had no beef changing the anti virus software.
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

If the host file is my dongle...zte..there are three of them and all are unticked..the notepad thing has me lost, I just have a notepad thing that says c\windows blah www.imoc.co.uk, what next, do I put a\ inbetween the end of host and 188?
This is a nightmare and I did nothing to bring it on.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

djpkins wrote:Ok..will give that a go, sounds hugely complicated though, for me...it was working fine untill a day or two ago and ive only deleted my history, the new hd has been set up with only one user account and I had no beef changing the anti virus software.

None of those things are related. The issue is your service provider having trouble communicating with our service provider. Obviously the dongle binds you to a specific ISP, which is one of the ones this problem occurs with. I have exactly the same problem with O2. The first, second, third time I try to access IMOC it fails. Sometimes I have to close and open the link 5 or 6 times before it works. Once it's worked once, it works for the rest of that session. Next day I have to do the same thing.

djpkins wrote:If the host file is my dongle...zte..there are three of them and all are unticked..the notepad thing has me lost, I just have a notepad thing that says c\windows blah www.imoc.co.uk, what next, do I put a\ inbetween the end of host and 188?
This is a nightmare and I did nothing to bring it on.

Hosts file is not related to your dongle. It's a way of telling Windows where www.imoc.co.uk is hosted without it having to ask the service provider.

What you should have is a text file open in notepad which has a load of crap at the top and at the bottom says:

127.0.0.1 localhost

Is that the case?
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Happening with my 3 dongle too, it's a pain in the ringo #-o
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

Its the notepad thing that has me confused. I am in C\windows\system32\drivers \etc\hosts and ive added 188.40.142.207 www.imoc.co.uk using tab space.

Cannot create the c windows system blah hosts file . Make sure the path and file name are correct

Then save as box appears
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

I got hold of some random kid today cos he had a 3 dongle, got him to try but he couldnt either.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

djpkins wrote:Its the notepad thing that has me confused. I am in C\windows\system32\drivers \etc\hosts and ive added 188.40.142.207 www.imoc.co.uk using tab space.

Cannot create the c windows system blah hosts file . Make sure the path and file name are correct

Then save as box appears

You're either not running notepad as administrator or you haven't taken the read only tick off it.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”