IMOC Suggestion

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

KarlBristol

IMOC Suggestion

Post by KarlBristol »

Just a quick suggestion - I was just wondering if in the for sale section it would be worth adding an area for "SPOTTED PARTS" (or such like) where we can list cheap eBay finds, etc... in order to help out other users
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
Ekona

Re: IMOC Suggestion

Post by Ekona »

Not a fan of that kind of thing, as it defeats the whole purpose of being able to pick up a bargain that no-one else has noticed.

Fair enough if someone specifically asks if anyone knows if a certain part is available, but by posting up a list of bargain parts on eBay then everyone bids against everyone else and no-one ends up with the bargain.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

In relation to eBay I think it works in roundabouts, because sometimes you will be made aware of parts that you didn't initially see, and other times you will loose out on them.

I'm all for sharing cheap parts, etc.. and thought that as a community it would be good to work together.

However I can see your point, and admittedly would be a little miffed is someone posted an item that I was bidding on, lol.

However it could cover other areas and not just eBay, eg a good deal from a particular website, etc... I.e. I bought an mot the other day from Groupon for £14 but didn't post anything up here as there wasn't a relevant section. This could have saved a lot of people some money.

I just feel that we might be missing a trick here to help eachother out....

Ekona

Post by Ekona »

As long as you excluded eBay (or other auction sites) from it, then I do think it's a great idea. :thumleft:
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Ekona wrote:As long as you excluded eBay (or other auction sites) from it, then I do think it's a great idea. :thumleft:

I like your thinking - lets alter my initial suggestion then so that it excludes eBay auctions (not necessarily buy it now's) and other auction sites

This just now need to be seen by the people who make the decisions :thumleft:?

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Could you not just post stuff like that up in the group buy section?
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

D4N_V_U wrote:Could you not just post stuff like that up in the group buy section?

Can only see one problem - they're not group buys :?
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Sorry I misread the post. However the stuff that gets a discount for the more people ordering could be classed as that, stick those in the group buy, and to be honest aswell, you can just post up in for sale `spotted this, someone may be interested`. People already do that.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

KarlBristol wrote:Just a quick suggestion - I was just wondering if in the for sale section it would be worth adding an area for "SPOTTED PARTS" (or such like) where we can list cheap eBay finds, etc... in order to help out other users

Nice idea but i dont think they would stay 'cheap' finds for long :D
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss

Return to “Club News and Announcements”