Rev 2 Tubby VS MK1 Focus RS

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

vtecpower

Rev 2 Tubby VS MK1 Focus RS

Post by vtecpower »

Hey people was driving home from a nice shopping spree with the GF off boost on a dual carriage way.. When out of the blue a MK1 Focus RS was glued to my bumper venting his dump valve.. (made me miss my HKS Super Sound BOV took it off to drive with the re-circ for a bit) ...

And i was thinking well im in the left lane if you want to over take the right side is free but no he was just sitting on my bumper.. so i dropped from 5th (doing around 48ish mph) to 3rd and planted my foot hit full boost and he was still glued to my bumper coming towards 6600-6700 ish rpm put the tubby in 4th and started to pull away then i slowed down to 50 mph and put the tubby back in 5th ...

then he came next to me with his window opened and asked what bhp i was pushing i told him its more or less standard and he goes "wow, let me have 1 more go" so this time we doing around 20 mph 2nd gear roll i planted my foot he planted his and he went off a little quicker soon as i hit full boost closed the gap hit 3rd and started pullin away and by 4th he wasnt going to catch me.. came to a set of lights he rolled down his window and goes "thats a fast mr2 turbo if it is more or less standard" so i asked him what bhp he was putting out and he said "just under 290 bhp this car is not standard" so i was quite pleased :) seemed like a nice guy and after that we both drove normal..

my mods: HKS induction kit, decat, magic rsr big exhaust, racing clutch, alloy racing radiator, techtom board chipped ecu, 11.5 psi standard CT26 turbo no ebc or mbc
:thumleft:

i think the ecu with techtom board has made a difference it does feel better than my standard ecu :-k
vtecpower

Re: Rev 2 Tubby VS MK1 Focus RS

Post by vtecpower »

just wanted to add before i get grilled the roads was DEAD no way would i boost like if there was other people driving around me.. we have to enjoy the mr2 here and there when the time is right :oops:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Don't worry, I'm sure we've all been there. I certainly have and I'd still call myself a safe driver.

Those Focuses can really accelerate when they want to. I had a chav in an ST wave a finger at me as they 'caught up' to me about two days ago. His smirked disappeared as I got on boost :D
Al-sw20

Post by Al-sw20 »

290bhp on the Focus eh? Sounds like whoever he bought the parts off dynoed his car for him too.
vtecpower

Post by vtecpower »

Al-sw20 wrote:290bhp on the Focus eh? Sounds like whoever he bought the parts off dynoed his car for him too.

haha probably :lol:

to be fair it was throwing out flames :thumleft:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

To be fair, the 2009 onwards Focus RS was 300 from the factory.
vtecpower

Post by vtecpower »

Tsia wrote:To be fair, the 2009 onwards Focus RS was 300 from the factory.

It was a mk1 I do like the 2009 models they look mean
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

even the newer rs only have a 0-60 of just under 6 seconds so a few mods and boost raise and you'll see off those also :D
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

i had a play with one of these but it had a private plate R300 whatever so no idea what the age was. Big exhaust and gleaming white. He got out the corners quicker than me but pulling hard I was holding him in 3rd and 4th pulling him back towards me. I was a little later on the brakes too 8) but he could easily have been playing it safe. If I'd been an ar$e I could've easily run right up his bumper into the corners but figured a gap big enough to let me make a cod of it without taking him out was the wiser option lol

Return to “Driving Experiences”