Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JeffD

Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(

Post by JeffD »

Feel like the Parts for sale section is well and truly being dominated by 1 or 2 "private" sellers who are obviously buying cars to break and then listing every nut and bolt in the for sale section instead of (and sometimes as well as) the cars being broken section.

Sorry to complain but does need sorting out as its ruining the parts for sale section which is usually my first port of call on the forum :-(
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I suppose the feedback system doesnt help as you need to list each item in a seperate post to get feedback for each one sold dont you? Would be better if one post could be made with loads of items in it and still be able to get feedback for each, would make the parts for sale a bit less busy looking.
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

I was thinking more along the lines of a mod deleting all their ads out the parts for sale section and PM'ing reminding them to keep car breaking in the correct section! LOL
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

Agreed. When people wanting to sell a single item list something it can be bumped to page 2 in 10 minutes and never seen again due to this.
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

bri0905 wrote:Agreed. When people wanting to sell a single item list something it can be bumped to page 2 in 10 minutes and never seen again due to this.
+1 Thats my gripe
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

and remove finalised threads to another section - would help tidy it up but still allow you to view previous sales
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

allan welsh wrote:and remove finalised threads to another section - would help tidy it up but still allow you to view previous sales

Agree with that one Allan. :thumleft:

We'll have to have a think about managing the multiple for sale post issue, not sure what the solution is. Some of the multiple ones are genuine 'garage clearouts' but others as mentioned are from breaker cars. :-k
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

+ on Allans suggestion.

Just wondering - if the obvious breaker car ads can be identified cant they be removed now? Rules are pretty clear.....
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

And surely if you are an affiliated trader there's not much chance it's just a garage clearance is it??
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

oops.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

After a quick look through the Mk2 parts for sale section (don't go there often 8-[ ) it seems to me like the biggest issue is the 'finalised' posts, there are far more of them than anything else at the moment.

Can't wait to get this new f'in forum I can bulk move threads rather than the crappy one at a time on phbb.

There don't seem to be that many 'private affil' posts at the moment but I have seen a mass of them splat onto the forum so I know where you're coming from Jeff et al.

I'll get onto it. :thumleft:
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Cheers! :-)

Don't want be seen as having a go at anyone or anything but the parts for sale section is for everybody not just a couple of people running a part time business if you know what I mean.

Agree with whats said about finalised - would actually be quite good to have them all in one section as you could use it as a reference for things actually sell for
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Is this going to get sorted out.......???????

For Sale section should be for genuine members swapping/selling bits - if I want to go to a "breaker" I check on eBay. Its ruining the for sael section IMO
ancient mariner

JeffD wrote:Is this going to get sorted out.......???????

For Sale section should be for genuine members swapping/selling bits - if I want to go to a "breaker" I check on eBay. Its ruining the for sael section IMO

have to agree with Jeff on this one.
and would like to ask,
at what stage does an affiliated private seller,fall in to the catagory
of becoming a trade seller ?
to be honest certain people are taking the pee :roll:
and i am sure full affiliates are getting fed up.
rant over. paul.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

I've raised your concerns in the admin forum Jeff and have had absolutely F'all response bar 1. Sorry. ](*,)

It will be a lot easier to shirt posts on the VB forum when/if we move over to it as we can shift posts in bulk rather than one as a time on phbb. :roll:

Paul these are the groupings for affiliates:

2. Affiliate Types

There are three different types of ‘Affiliation’ available at IMOC-UK :-

(i) Affiliated Private Sales: For Private individuals selling parts from more than one car. An Affiliated Private Seller may have a single account.

(ii) Affiliated Trader: Individuals and Sole Traders selling products or services, but who do not have Limited status. These sellers are able to advertise in the general Affiliates forum. An Affiliated Trader may have a single account.

(iii) Affiliated Company: This is exclusively for Limited Businesses who can provide supporting documentation to prove their Ltd status - such as Company number, VAT registration details, trade insurance documentation or similar. Affiliated Companies get additional features at IMOC including their own Subforum and the ability to have upto three representatives of the company who will have accounts in the form of <name> @ <company> - eg Joe @ ACME.
These sellers are able to advertise in the general Affiliate's Forum only.
Last edited by LimeyMk1 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ancient mariner

cheers Chris,
call me thick :roll:
but to be honest i'm none the wiser #-o . Paul.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

:lol: Not very clear is it. #-o I'll see if I can find anything that will clarify.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Found the advertising rules. Time to get the mods etc to crack down or change the rules if needed methinks. :-k

4. Ability to Advertise

i) Affiliates may only start new threads advertising in the Affiliates area to discuss or promote their products. Brief posts to the general ‘For Sale’ forum linking to a more detailed post regarding the product or service offered in the Affiliates forum is also permitted. Affiliates are encouraged to group similar informational posts together into a single post to the For Sale Forum.

ii) Affiliates may answer any thread on www.imoc.co.uk ( Eg in the MR2 Forums, For Sale or 'Items Wanted' ) with a brief response offering their products or services if relevant and provide a link to a post in the Affiliates Forum where further full details can be obtained, eg pricing details. No pricing can be quoted in discussions outside the Affiliates forum. Affiliates can provide prices following a direct request though the PM system.

iii) 'Spamming' of the same information across many forums, or via un-invited PM to many members is not permitted at any time. This could lead to Formal warnings, a temporary suspension of Affiliate status. This is only normally actioned on receipt of complaints to the Committee or Moderation Team.

iv) All Affiliates are permitted to advertise on www.imoc.co.uk at the Committees discretion.

v) The Committee reserve the right to decline applications for Affiliate status or renewal of Affiliate status. The Committee's decision is final in all cases.
ancient mariner

that lot looks like one of Laurens posts :)
only kidding Lauren.
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Could'nt the offending ads just be removed and a PM sent to the "offenders" telling them to pack it in? LOL :-)

Return to “Club News and Announcements”