Is IMOC doing a team this year?

Information and discussion about TOTB

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cantfindausername

Is IMOC doing a team this year?

Post by cantfindausername »

Just a question really. Not heard anything yet.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
michael

Re: Is IMOC doing a team this year?

Post by michael »

Unfortunately the event falls on the worst weekend possible for me this year - the only one in the whole of 2010 where I have an alternative plan that I can't (and don't want) to change.

I requested some assistance from others within IMOC to run things on the day with me doing the usual work prior to the event but to date nobody has come forward to say they are willing to look after things on my behalf.

I'm a bit stuck really - the event is set to take a slightly different format this time with new organisers and a 2 day setup with camping, while I'd love to be involved in this I'm struggling to devote much time due to work commitments etc

Info that's been made available (organisers don't seem to be telling team reps much) on the official site:

http://www.totb.co.uk/home/

I have already expressed my usual interest and secured places for the MR2 team as usual but at this stage what I need is a team that either organisers itself with some help from me or some help in running things this time around.

Any volunteers willing to lose a few days and get stressed out as the deadline approaches and nobody has sent forms in? ;)
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

am willing to help out, my mr2 wont ever be to a standard for totb thou.

i do organise lincolnshire's region on another forum and help out on there with the bigger shows they have.

if you do need another pair of hands feel free to pm, email, msn me

regards lee
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

loudandproud205 wrote:am willing to help out, my mr2 wont ever be to a standard for totb thou.

i do organise lincolnshire's region on another forum and help out on there with the bigger shows they have.

if you do need another pair of hands feel free to pm, email, msn me

regards lee

There is no real standard to subscribe to regarding TOTB to be honest. There were all manner of types of cars there last year, and yes of course you get the ones who take it faaaar to seriously! Some turn up with FULL pit crew and equipment!!!! :shock: No way can the general public compete with that!
Most folk have a go to take part...exactly what i did last year. I had a great time! Really gets the juices flowing when you have an audience watching you tear up the strip and have a go on the technical circuit.

I am hoping to compete this year, together with the longer final drive in my soon to be installed gearbox. When that is up and running i will want to see what the car is capable of together with my NOS set up.

:mrgreen:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
greeny

Post by greeny »

michael wrote:Unfortunately the event falls on the worst weekend possible for me this year - the only one in the whole of 2010 where I have an alternative plan that I can't (and don't want) to change.

I requested some assistance from others within IMOC to run things on the day with me doing the usual work prior to the event but to date nobody has come forward to say they are willing to look after things on my behalf.

I'm a bit stuck really - the event is set to take a slightly different format this time with new organisers and a 2 day setup with camping, while I'd love to be involved in this I'm struggling to devote much time due to work commitments etc

Info that's been made available (organisers don't seem to be telling team reps much) on the official site:

http://www.totb.co.uk/home/

I have already expressed my usual interest and secured places for the MR2 team as usual but at this stage what I need is a team that either organisers itself with some help from me or some help in running things this time around.

Any volunteers willing to lose a few days and get stressed out as the deadline approaches and nobody has sent forms in? ;)

TOTb without you there! :shock:

Whos gonna keep all us mere mortals in check :mrgreen:

I'l help if i can :thumleft:
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
michael

Post by michael »

Just to confirm - there will be a team so if anyone wants to be part of it make it known.

Sadly I won't be there in person but I'll make sure I fart in a jar and have it delivered to site so I can be there in spirit ;)
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

as i say scott id love to compete, but a largly stock car isnt exactly the best impression, id at least like to have over 300bhp and something mildly special somewhere with the car.

but at the min its largly just standard with breathing mods, as i say if you want another pair of hands il happily chip in.

or if i can get away with a less tuned car am 100% interested :D
royashmr2

Post by royashmr2 »

hmmm? Thinking and looking at dates.....
10.1 @137.36
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

royashmr2 wrote:hmmm? Thinking and looking at dates.....

You know you want to! :wink:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

I wouldn't mind having a crack at totb this year! My car is set up for track use really and that's where I would like to spend most of my time as I'm not running enough power for the 1/4 (420Bhp) but I might be ok at the twisty bits???
greeny

Post by greeny »

Gee Man wrote:I wouldn't mind having a crack at totb this year! My car is set up for track use really and that's where I would like to spend most of my time as I'm not running enough power for the 1/4 (420Bhp) but I might be ok at the twisty bits???

A little squirt of gas for the 1/4? :mrgreen:

So whats happening for this year then chaps?

Its fast approaching? Aug 7/8th!

I'l help with what i can.
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

Was thinking about having a go at this this year after chatting with scott at the Angelsey weekend last year, but same with me, its a weekend i really cant get out of :cry:

next year is probably best as it still has some work needed
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Seems to be a theme this year, that's also a weekend I am knackered for (not that the TC is likely to be finished...!)
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

So at the moment there is basically no team?? Greeny is your car all sorted now??

Shall we at least start some sort of list??
greeny

Post by greeny »

tonigmr2 wrote:........... (not that the TC is likely to be finished...!)

I'd just scrap it ... :oldtongue:

Either that or give it to me to play with
greeny

Post by greeny »

Gee Man wrote:So at the moment there is basically no team?? Greeny is your car all sorted now??

Shall we at least start some sort of list??

Im hoping to get it sorted soon lad!
greeny

Post by greeny »

michael wrote:Just to confirm - there will be a team so if anyone wants to be part of it make it known.

Sadly I won't be there in person but I'll make sure I fart in a jar and have it delivered to site so I can be there in spirit ;)

Michael,

Know anything more about whats happening this year from the organizers?
michael

Post by michael »

greeny wrote:
michael wrote:Just to confirm - there will be a team so if anyone wants to be part of it make it known.

Michael,

Know anything more about whats happening this year from the organizers?

The organisers have made no contact at all since I initially told them an MR2 team would be entered, as this was last year I find that absolutely shocking compared with the usual regular news updates and reminders. The change in organiser seems to have had a negative effect on things and I know I'm not the only one thinking this.

Unfortunately I can't dedicate any time to the event this year due to personal circumstances, I made as many people as I could aware of this well in advance but nobody has really taken up the challenge of putting something together instead of me, as a result there is no team at the moment... that I know of... maybe one of the other MR2 clubs has taken the spaces?

Having organised it for so long and given up so much free time in the past I hope I can be excused this year, I feel guilty that things aren't happening yet but the organisers really aren't helping considering this is supposed to be a relaunch of the event.

People may be better off entering as individuals this time around, contact TOTB directly via their website or try to put some kind of MR2 team together.
greeny

Post by greeny »

michael wrote:

The organisers have made no contact at all since I initially told them an MR2 team would be entered, as this was last year I find that absolutely shocking compared with the usual regular news updates and reminders. The change in organiser seems to have had a negative effect on things and I know I'm not the only one thinking this.

Unfortunately I can't dedicate any time to the event this year due to personal circumstances, I made as many people as I could aware of this well in advance but nobody has really taken up the challenge of putting something together instead of me, as a result there is no team at the moment... that I know of... maybe one of the other MR2 clubs has taken the spaces?

Having organised it for so long and given up so much free time in the past I hope I can be excused this year, I feel guilty that things aren't happening yet but the organisers really aren't helping considering this is supposed to be a relaunch of the event.

People may be better off entering as individuals this time around, contact TOTB directly via their website or try to put some kind of MR2 team together.

Suppose we'l let you off :mrgreen:

Is it Trevor duckworth thats running it now?

So I guess we best see if enough people are interested for a team first!

So who's interested in running?

And does any of the event organizers want to help?
michael

Post by michael »

greeny wrote:
Is it Trevor duckworth thats running it now?

Yes, Straightliners but in association with one of the magazines, I'm so annoyed with them I can't even bring myself to check the website anymore.

Return to “TOTB - Team IMOC-UK”