Extremely cheap MR2 Turbo

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Peter C

Extremely cheap MR2 Turbo

Post by Peter C »

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail ... 2699&s=155

Not sure if there's a catch, but surely that's a steal.

Peter

PS: The ad has nothing to do with me!
fizz

Re: Extremely cheap MR2 Turbo

Post by fizz »

damn... that is defo very cheap but probably realistic at this time of the year.. sad to say... :cry:
craig

Post by craig »

very cheap indeed! :shock:
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

Jesus thats a bargain
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

fizz wrote:damn... that is defo very cheap but probably realistic at this time of the year.. sad to say... :cry:

Does that mean they pick up in value in Spring?? Just wondering, coz I bought mine for £3000 last May, it's a 93-K, UK Spec T-Bar with 110000 on clock. Trouble is I want a tubby now, and having spent a further £1200 on alarm, clutch cambelt and rear tyres, I would struggle to get £3000. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
craig

Post by craig »

Paul 'Shmed' Medway wrote:
fizz wrote:damn... that is defo very cheap but probably realistic at this time of the year.. sad to say... :cry:

Trouble is I want a tubby now, and having spent a further £1200 on alarm, clutch cambelt and rear tyres, I would struggle to get £3000.

TURBO CONVERSION 8)
JJ

Post by JJ »

RedMR² wrote:
Paul 'Shmed' Medway wrote:

Trouble is I want a tubby now, and having spent a further £1200 on alarm, clutch cambelt and rear tyres, I would struggle to get £3000.

TURBO CONVERSION 8)

I do do you one for £2k ! Drive in normally aspirated, drive out tyre ripping turbocharged !! :twisted:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Does that include reconning the inside of existing engine? What sort of stuff do I need? On my old Astra, turbo conversion meant new piston linings, pistons piston rings etc. is all this included?? What sort of power increases?? So many questions.....
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
CJ B

Post by CJ B »

If you check out his other adverts he's selling an elise and a westfield.
Selling MR2 to 'fund new car'
Selling Elise to 'fund house'
Selling Westfield 'reluctantly'
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Paul 'Shmed' Medway wrote:Does that include reconning the inside of existing engine? What sort of stuff do I need? On my old Astra, turbo conversion meant new piston linings, pistons piston rings etc. is all this included?? What sort of power increases?? So many questions.....

Think JJ meant, drive car in NA and drive out with a turbo engine, ECU, gear box, driveshafts, hubs and brakes etc. e.g. Your engine wouldn't be in there anymore :)
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
JJ

Post by JJ »

Paul 'Shmed' Medway wrote:Does that include reconning the inside of existing engine? What sort of stuff do I need? On my old Astra, turbo conversion meant new piston linings, pistons piston rings etc. is all this included?? What sort of power increases?? So many questions.....

Hey paul,

as steves kindly explained, all of your engine will be taken in exchange, you drive in normally aspirated, you drive out turbocharged. Couple of issues around exhausts and stuff but this can be discussed.

The engine is a turbo engine, low compression and a low miler, unmolested one too ! The gearbox would be from a turbo car too !

:)
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

it's white which makes it worth less in my book anyway :)

still i do like it! looks good with 5 spokes ;)
Kieron

Post by Kieron »

I don't think that 1700 is all that cheap to be honest for a '90.

Looking at ebay and autotrader they're going for peanuts now anyway.....
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

The only reason i would sell my car on ebay is if it had some faults and i didnt want anyone to test drive it. This way money changes hands and its too late. Having said that i bought mine off e bay but teat drove it first and its been mechanically faultless.

The Morris wrote:The only reason i would sell my car on ebay is if it had some faults and i didnt want anyone to test drive it. This way money changes hands and its too late. Having said that i bought mine off e bay but teat drove it first and its been mechanically faultless.

so morris you posted a point then relaised you had no point LOL :D

i sold my cavalier on ebay after paying autotrader £27 notes and hearing nothing in 2 weeks! whacked it on ebay and whacked a £950 buy it now for a laugh and someone did the buy it now in 5 days of the auction being up!

guy came to pick it up, viewed it, listened to it run but didn't drive it! paid the cash and then went.
i'd never buy a car i couldn't test drive except well when i imported my MR2 but i did get a drive to make sure i was happy with it and plus julian defo wouldn't of let me lay my hands on it unless it was tip top condition!
Kieron

Post by Kieron »

I sold my Merc on ebay - the car was faultless and I got what I wanted for it. Guy came up from Southampton on a train with his girlfriend - paid and left.

I'd happily use ebay over autotrader everytime, and I had nothing to hide - the guy who bought my Merc got a fabulous car. My auctions on ebay for anything that I sell are always packed full of information so both parties know where they stand.

I still go along with what I said, early 2 turbo's are going for peanuts - hence the muppet brigade getting involved....
craig

Post by craig »

Hey Spam, nowt wrong with white MR2's, look at Row's

SH1THOT 8)

RedMR² wrote:Hey Spam, nowt wrong with white MR2's, look at Row's

SH1THOT 8)

agreed, prefere whit to red :D

the one hedgehog had for sale, the white rev3, looked really good with it's white 5 spokes :D
craig

Post by craig »

Chris 'aka rustboy' Ammon wrote:

Now ya gone too damn far, red is the best :lol:

What colour do ya think of when think of Ferrari?

RED!!!!!!!!! :lol: :twisted:

RedMR² wrote:
Chris 'aka rustboy' Ammon wrote:

Now ya gone too damn far, red is the best :lol:

What colour do ya think of when think of Ferrari?

RED!!!!!!!!! :lol: :twisted:

i also think italian crap when i think ferrari :D

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”