Filter for Turbo

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dunc

Filter for Turbo

Post by Dunc »

OK boys and girls,

I need an airfilter for my Rev 2 Turbo. Which one is best, why and where can I get one from? I've got a Greddy exhaust on at the mo but have an Apexi N1 coming. Oh, and a Trust TD 06 Turbo.

Thanks,
Dunc
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Re: Filter for Turbo

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Have a look at Jetex, cheap and pretty much identical to K&N! http://Jetex.co.uk/Jetexwebsite/index.html
stevel

Post by stevel »

I have an Apexi induction kit on my Rev 3 turbo. These are supposedly one of the better ones, I however don’t like the noise it makes when you ease off the throttle (some times you have to :) ). It sounds like a farting noise. Everyone I have spoken to say the same thing. I maybe just too picky but I took my blitz dump valve off because I couldn’t stand the noise lol.
michael

Post by michael »

The fart is easy to fix, it's not the filter that's making it though :)

It's the standard BOV that makes the noise, if you swap the plastic one way valve around the noise stops.
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

I've just put an Apexi power intake on my rev3 turbo. I love it! Sounds like the car has been brought alive. But then I love the dump valve sound and wasn't happy when my Blitz bov bust! :cry:
stevel

Post by stevel »

Thanks Michael,
You may well save me from putting the original filter & resonator back on.
The noise only started when put the induction kit on so of course I blamed that & after speaking to some peeps.
Where & what does the one-way valve look like? Does changing it around have any detrimental effects. If it was a one way valve it would have been that way for a reason?

Oh very nice car by the way, especially under the bonnet :mrgreen:
Patrick Gray

Post by Patrick Gray »

I have the Apex-i on my Rev 3 turbo and i think it sounds fantastic but its hard to tell if it offers much of a performance gain without returning to the OE setup,sounds like a jet taking off though :lol: .Regards the farting noise you guys are speaking of.I was under the impression that this is air actually going back through the turbo and vibrating off the blades inside the shaft.I have a blitz dumpvalve fitted and dont get this noise at all,should i be hearing the flutter.

Return to “Modifications”