WMS Brakes-> AW11 4 pot brake kit: £505.00+vat (also 2.5% or 5% IMOC discounts!)

A forum where Traders can post, advertising products and special offers for IMOC-UK members. If you want to advertise here, please PM one of the Committee

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Keri-WMS

WMS Brakes-> AW11 4 pot brake kit: £505.00+vat (also 2.5% or 5% IMOC discounts!)

Post by Keri-WMS »

At WMS Brakes we've been doing motorsport / trackday brake kits for various cars for years but in particular the AW11 MR2 - a lot of Mk1.5s etc, I'm told there are WMS kits on some of the AW11 race series cars as well but sadly I don't know which ones.

Anyway, this is the AW11 Mk1 kit, it works with the OEM spec master cylinder, and goes under 15's INCLUDING THE MK3 WHEELS, just, discs are 277mm x 25mm with two versions (the cheaper/2.5mm flatter ST185 version of the kit needs 2.5mm spacers to clear the Mk3 15's, TBC)

I've generated PDF files showing the profiles of both versions, the idea is you can print them, check they are 1:1 scale, stick them to card and cut them out - and offer them up to the inside of your wheels to see if they'll fit! :mrgreen:

ST185 disc based version:
www.keri.co.uk/wms/4P041-AW11-FLAT-277m ... otated.pdf

Deeper (sadly currently unavailable) earlier version:
www.keri.co.uk/wms/4P041-AW11-DEEP-277m ... otated.pdf

NOTE: The recomended spec for piston choice is:

- If running OEM AW11 rear calipers (100.0% of OEM area), run 1.25" piston front WMS calipers = 77.5% of OEM area.
- If running SW20 22v rear calipers, (138.7% of OEM area) run 1.38" piston front WMS calipers = 94.5% of OEM area.

Specs are:
- 6061 T6 Aluminium WMS T20 calipers, CNC machined from billet and hard anodised, stainless pistons (two options: 1.38"/1.38" pistons and 1.25"/1.25" pistons, see above).
- 6061 T6 clear anodised brackets, with VERY strong 304 stainless steel threaded inserts (this system is strong enough that we found during testing that an M10 grade 12.9 bolt will actually stretch before the inset fails!).
- Grade 12.9 cap head bolts
- We offer a 12-month NO QUIBBLE guarantee on the piston seals (like most other race ones WMS calipers don't have external seals as they would burn off under competition conditions), if they fail we'll send you new ones even if you've been using them on a tractor. This is to counter the worries people have about piston seals on race calipers........we have only ever needed to supply one or two sets and they were not due to dust getting in - in fact we rarely or never sell any seals to even very old kits, and that includes rally cars (mud/grit everywhere). Bottom line is, keep the calipers clean like you would any other part of the car and there won't be any issues, it's just scaremongering.

Prices as of March 2014 -----

"Deep" (Camry disc) kit (calipers/discs/brackets/inserts/bolts) is £n/a (I can't get the discs any more)
"2.5mm flatter" (ST185 disc) version of the kit (calipers/discs/brackets/inserts/bolts) is £505.00+vat
Earls braided lines to fit (Toyota ones don't) = £62.00+vat/pr
Upgrade to grooved discs = £40+vat

Pads:
- EBC Reds/Yellows are £poa+vat/set
- Ferodo DS2500 (fast road) = £62.00+vat/set
- Ferodo DS3000 (race) = £63.00+vat/set

We are offering a discount structure, 2.5% off the for members, 5% off for Premuim Members which apply to the kit but not the pads, lines and other extras. Also any orders settled up by bank transfer (optional of course!) has FREE SHIPPING otherwise it's £10.00+vat (to UK zone one only).

Here's the newer line type:

And photos of the EBC Turbogroove disc option! :mrgreen:

We also offer some handy EBC pads:

Std Calipers:
AW11 front Redstuff = £POA
AW11 front Yellowstuff = £POA
AW11 rear Redstuff = £POA
AW11 rear Yellowstuff = £POA

Other Calipers:
ST185 front Redstuff = £POA
ST185 front Yellowstuff = £POA
SW20 rear Redstuff = £POA
SW20 rear Yellowstuff = £POA

Fire away with any questions......
Last edited by Keri-WMS on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 12 times in total.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: WMS Brakes-> AW11 4 pot brake kit: £505.00+vat (also 2.5% or 5% IMOC discounts!)

Post by toxo »

They look impressive, it would be nice to dig out a few members using them on their AW11s to provide a bit of feedback! Nice to see that you've calculated the piston size based on the rear calipers to resolve bias issues.

Any plans to offer them for other models of MR2? Or your own rear calipers (presumably a pain due to the handbrake)?

Oh and welcome to the affiliates area :)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Keri-WMS

Re: WMS Brakes-> AW11 4 pot brake kit: £505.00+vat (also 2.5% or 5% IMOC discounts!)

Post by Keri-WMS »

toxo wrote:They look impressive, it would be nice to dig out a few members using them on their AW11s to provide a bit of feedback! Nice to see that you've calculated the piston size based on the rear calipers to resolve bias issues.

Cheers! I'm sure they will appear, I can't ask them if they are around in the Mk1 section though as far as I know - or is it ok to do a simple "heads-up" thread there just this once to get the ball rolling?

toxo wrote:Any plans to offer them for other models of MR2? Or your own rear calipers (presumably a pain due to the handbrake)?

There are a couple of other kits we're working on launching in early 2010:

- 280x20.5mm floating rotor-on-bell upgrade to the existing AW11 kit.
- 300x18mm "light" SW20 front kit using side A of bracket...
- ....296x28mm "heavy duty" SW20 front kit using side B of bracket!!

Once those are done we're moving on to:

- Mk3 front 280mm kit.
- Mk1, 2, 3 rear kits, using MR2 rear calipers.
- 298.5x20.5mm floating rotor-on-bell upgrade to the SW20 kits (F+R).

Most of this has already been designed in the last month or two, just needs phased prototyping/testing!

toxo wrote:Oh and welcome to the affiliates area :)

Cheers, well chuffed to be here!

Oh, we found through a happy coincidence that we can do a rear SW20 300mm track-only (needs a hyd handbrake) kit using parts we already had - very cool but a small market:

:whistle:

Rogue

Re: WMS Brakes -> AW11 4 pot brake kit from £418.76+vat, member discounts!

Post by Rogue »

Keri-WMS wrote:I'm told there are WMS kits on some of the AW11 race series cars as well but sadly I don't know which ones.

The only MR2 series that permits non-standard brake disks or calipers is the MR2 Super GT, and there are currently no registered mk1s. If anyone is using your kits in either the MR2 Championship or Mk1 Racing series then they're cheating!

I'll keep an eye on your kits though, because there will be a market for them in the Super GT series.

:thumleft:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

That is a very good price for a brake upgrade, my AP fronts were well over £1K (AW11). Look forward to seeing your rear caliper options.
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

tonigmr2 wrote:That is a very good price for a brake upgrade, my AP fronts were well over £1K (AW11). Look forward to seeing your rear caliper options.

Cheers / watch this space, safe to say we're not competing with AP Racing in their price bracket (for now! :-$ ).

Rogue wrote:The only MR2 series that permits non-standard brake disks or calipers is the MR2 Super GT, and there are currently no registered mk1s. If anyone is using your kits in either the MR2 Championship or Mk1 Racing series then they're cheating!

Hmmmmm, maybe that's why they never got in touch with the usual "look, here's my car"!!!! :lol:

As I say I was told by a customer that "he'd first seen them on AW11 race cars"...so who knows.

Rogue wrote:I'll keep an eye on your kits though, because there will be a market for them in the Super GT series.

Indeed - I was planning to have a chat with you guys about that as I gather you run the series, given that the plan is F+R Mk1, 2 and 3 it could be "handy", drop me a PM? :wink:

I think it'll see some epic racing, with Mk1.5's allowed out to play! :thumleft: :thumleft: :clap:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Could've been in the Toyota sprint series, it's allowed there. :thumleft:
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

tonigmr2 wrote:Could've been in the Toyota sprint series, it's allowed there. :thumleft:

Ah, that could be it! With luck a few of the Starlet lads will be running WMS stuff in that series this year, maybe the odd Gen 6 Celica as well.
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

tonigmr2 wrote:Could've been in the Toyota sprint series, it's allowed there. :thumleft:

Don't know of any of the mk1s running these in TSS either. We're still on standard brakes (but looking to upgrade) F800EAM runs Hi Specs, Not sure what Neil is running but as far as I know he's still stock.
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

kaiowas wrote:Don't know of any of the mk1s running these in TSS either.

Oh well, who knows - the guy never gave me any more info. Maybe he was having me on!

Well as we can't find the alleged AW11 race car or a photo of it, here are the two WMS semi-sponsored TVRs, at least I know who they are! :D

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

LOL, due to be a mystery - but there are rally MR2s out there and those taking part in normal sprints so it's not impossible. :thumleft:
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

tonigmr2 wrote:LOL, due to be a mystery - but there are rally MR2s out there and those taking part in normal sprints so it's not impossible. :thumleft:

I've always fancied an AW11 gravel rally car, the rear engine must help get the power down. Buuuuuut, I can imagine getting the front to turn in might be a lot harder due to the added understeer - might have to find out one day!
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

I was gonna ask about MKII setups but somebody already did. Will await with baited breath! Especially anything that might fit under 16's and keep the brake balance correct! :mrgreen:
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

Race Idiot wrote:I was gonna ask about MKII setups but somebody already did. Will await with baited breath! Especially anything that might fit under 16's and keep the brake balance correct! :mrgreen:

That is indeed the plan!

4 pot WMS calipers, "300mm" discs, fits under 16's, sensible bias:

4P018 = 298.5x18mm "light" one piece 5.21kg disc kits
4P065 = 296x28mm "heavy duty" one piece 8.03kg disc kits

Might be able to find a "few" takers methinks. :wink:

See: www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=140657
Last edited by Keri-WMS on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Race Idiot wrote:Especially anything that might fit under 16's and keep the brake balance correct! :mrgreen:

IIRC the amount you can fit under a 16" rim depends whether it's a 3 piece split rim or a single piece rim?

I'm gonna hold off refurbing my front brakes to see what comes of this :)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

toxo wrote:
Race Idiot wrote:Especially anything that might fit under 16's and keep the brake balance correct! :mrgreen:

IIRC the amount you can fit under a 16" rim depends whether it's a 3 piece split rim or a single piece rim?

I'm gonna hold off refurbing my front brakes to see what comes of this :)

'tis true, split rims and really deep-dish wheels tend to put spokes and bolts etc too close to the caliper area.

I can generate a print-and-test PDF for each of the SW20 kits as well though - saves the guesswork.
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

I've done a search to see if there are any people already mentioning their WMS brakes in public (only on IMOC) and found a few! :D

'course they might not have the brakes or the cars any more, but here's what I found, inc links:

eRATic - www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=106141 and www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=85706
"I run the 4 pot WMS front calipers and mk2 rev 2 on rears calipers with Corrado front discs. It is a popular conversion on Two Brutal. It is the best braked car I have driven in my opinion." and "The set up is awesome. Both in stopping power but also feel. "

MarcsMR2 - www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48298
"I've got the WMS kit on mine :D

Still covering the 500 miles but they are working better. Pics are below with 16in Alloys

Image"

superchargedsam - www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73609
"...the WMS front brake upgrade I have..."
easty-5

Post by easty-5 »

I would be very interested in a MK2 4 pot setup.

Also, on the Starlet note, if you can design a 4 pot setup for them that costs less than than £800 then you will make an absolute killing on the Starlet forums. At the moment the only available 4 pot setup for Starlets is the Willwood kit which traders sell for £800+

Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

easty-5 wrote:I would be very interested in a MK2 4 pot setup.

Also, on the Starlet note, if you can design a 4 pot setup for them that costs less than than £800 then you will make an absolute killing on the Starlet forums.

Watch this space! :wink:

As for the Starlet, already done it (Enzo's got one, he's just waiting to dig his car out of the snow to fit it!): :mrgreen:

www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=234

www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60443
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

Another disc option for the mk1 which might be worth looking into is that fitted to the 2002-07 Corolla T Sport. It's a 275x25 disc but most importantly it's already 4x100 so assuming there's no clearance issues it's potentially an off the shelf part which would require no further modification. Part number on Brakesint is "BDS5937" if you fancy having a look to see whether it may be useable.

I've been pondering building myself a Wilwood setup based around this disc but don't really have the time/money to get hold of the parts to see if it's feasible just yet.

Return to “IMOC-UK Affiliates”