Fitting 6.5" Components - need spacers!

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Chumbaside

Fitting 6.5" Components - need spacers!

Post by Chumbaside »

Got myself some JBLGTO 6.5" components, which are oversize for the front doors (the basket fouls the metalwork). Can get hold of plastic spacers, but would I be baetter making some from MDF (more rigid) or cutting back the metal work?

Any advice massively appreciated!

Cheers

Mark
rev3turbo

Re: Fitting 6.5" Components - need spacers!

Post by rev3turbo »

i've just fitted same size focals in mine n had the same prob, just made some mdf spacer rings n they went straight in.

hope this helps M8!
Castlegrayskull

Re: Fitting 6.5" Components - need spacers!

Post by Castlegrayskull »

Chumbaside wrote:Got myself some JBLGTO 6.5" components, which are oversize for the front doors (the basket fouls the metalwork). Can get hold of plastic spacers, but would I be baetter making some from MDF (more rigid) or cutting back the metal work?

I've got the same speakers in the front of my car ... i managed to make em fit with just 3 screws holding the speakers to the metal spacers that came with em ... I dont remember how many screws are holding in the spacers ... again at least three ... i didn't have to do any modifications at all ... the fitted in the stock locations fine!

Return to “ICE and Security”