Mk2 Revision 1 NA

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Peter C

Mk2 Revision 1 NA

Post by Peter C »

I bought this car approx two and a half years ago from a dealer in West London. At the time I wasn't sure which MR2 I wanted and after driving various examples (including later revisions) I opted for an early car, without power steering or ABS for that back to basics sports car feel. After reading horror stories about T-Bar drips and leaks and I thought I'd play it safe and go for a sunroof model.

When I bought G905APB I was impressed with it's condition, low mileage of 79k miles and the fact that it was completely standard (unspoilt!). I was, however, unaware of the car's unique history. Approximately a year into my ownership I discovered that my MR2 featured in various car magazines throughout the early 1990s. Here's a picture of my car on the front cover of Autocar & Motor, from May 1990.

I prefer to keep the (almost) standard look however I have carried out a couple of modifications which in my opinion improve the driving experience. The mods include a K&N induction kit and Mongoose exhaust, (which provide little extra go but certainly sound great), a Revision 2 (smaller) steering wheel and a more ergonomic gear knob.

Here's a picture of the car as it looks now. Those with a keen eye will note that I have colour coded the front splitter and sills (which improves the looks no end).

I've owned other cars since I bought my MR2 which have since been forgotten about, but my MR2 is definitely for keeps! I love the performance (0-60 in 6.7secs and a 1/4 mile time of 15.2secs) which is great for a 2 litre naturally aspirated car.

Peter
EarL

Re: Mk2 Revision 1 NA

Post by EarL »

Looks nice mate. Shame the pics are not a little bigger tho.

Nice to see a 2 with a bit of history. :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”