www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Thanks To Every One At JAE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Past JAE Shows -> JAE 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Feedback Score: 6

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Oh no I watched(and cheered) you when your were on that [Shocked]
Speedy
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

2012 Toyota GT86

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

More pictures and stuff here :

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103728
matt_mr2t

Feedback Score: 4

2001 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm still suffering a case of phantom wrist band lol. Got lots of comments about my tan today. Incredibly i've gone brown! How's the head oukie?
big_ron
Premium Member

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Thanks from me Lin and Danny Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

A big thank you for a great weekend, it was all a bit daunting at the start, this being our first meet, but we were soon welcomed in by all you wonderful guys and gals.
When Danny got home to her folks, she couldn't stop talking about her adventures over the weekend, she like us found everything so amazing, what more could you wish for, a great venue with sun that seemed never to stop shinning and people that were so warming.
I will have a look at what I've taken on the camcorder and upload some stuff soon.
Oh...there is one complaint from Danny [Confused] she could not get a ice cream or ice lolly anywere on JAE.....anyone else had the same problem?
Cheers guys and gals, hope to see you all again soon.

Ron, Lin and Danny [Very Happy] [thumleft]
monkeymax

Feedback Score: 8

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks from me Lin and Danny Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

big_ron wrote:
Oh...there is one complaint from Danny [Confused] she could not get a ice cream or ice lolly anywere on JAE.....anyone else had the same problem?

Hi Ron. Danny was far from alone in feeling that! I know I'd have loved a '99 on Saturday, and there were a lot of other people who also said something about the lack of ice cream vans. I think that there was a real profit missed out on there by someone! Completely the opposite from most shows that have too many ice cream vans!

By the way Ron, when clearing up we found a teeny-tiny fleece - has Danny lost one? (We figured she was the only likely owner of it! [Smile] )
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

It was a pleasure to have you all there Ron, I'm glad you enjoyed it. You are always welcome at our club events. [thumbsup]
2013 GT86 Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro. Tuning Developments Remap 4-1 Manifold, TD resonated exhaust, decat/overpipe, AP Racing 4 Pot front brakes. [lover]
ppre89

1988 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

matt_mr2t wrote:
I'm still suffering a case of phantom wrist band lol. Got lots of comments about my tan today. Incredibly i've gone brown! How's the head oukie?

lol heres me thinking im wierd for still thinking the bands still there. Great weekend tho all round. Really enjoyed it! Cheers all!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 31

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ppre89 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

lol heres me thinking im wierd for still thinking the bands still there. Great weekend tho all round. Really enjoyed it! Cheers all!

Hmmn, I actually cut the band off Monday morning having forgotten it was there... [Embarassed] Saw it on my way to work....
T
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

tonigmr2 wrote:

Hmmn, I actually cut the band off Monday morning having forgotten it was there... [Embarassed] Saw it on my way to work....
T

My band fell off 15 minutes after they put it on! Needless to say I didn't worry about it throughout the rest of the weekend.
matt_mr2t

2001 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I think the PWBS is fading.

**PWBS = phantom wrist band syndrome**
Neil_turbo

Feedback Score: 67

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 Turbo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

good to meet everyone and put some names to faces [thumleft]

I am having quite a strong attack of PWBS
ppre89

1988 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

yeah its fading a little but still pretty strong lmao
matt_mr2t

2001 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Just realised that's you Scott lol. I thought you said your username was BRE89

I dont know how I managed to get home on Sunday. There seemed to be one sign every couple of miles for the A12.

I kept getting to round abouts and traffic lights and not seeing any signage at all. I ended up using a bit of common sense and looking at signs on the other side of the road as I went past them. Couple of times I had to turn round.

Nothing worse than badly sign posted area's. Especially when I dont rely on pratnav.
monkeymax

Feedback Score: 8

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I took the backroads back to the A12. After leaving the island all the other cars went right and I went left... [Laughing]
However, I'd come that way (just by writing down a list of the villages I had to pass through as I couldn't print out a map and have forgotten my map at the parents) so kinda knew where I was going. It was probably not the quickest route back, but possibly the shortest and probably the more fun! [Very Happy]

I found the signage for villages was spot-on. Though I didn't see any signs for the A12 until I was pretty much on it... [Laughing]
matt_mr2t

2001 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I went over the causeway and carried on until I saw a sign saying left to A12 at a mini round about then continued that way.

I would never have found the campsite if I was going there on my own. I just followed Scott as he had satnav and it seemed to work lovely.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 40

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The road on the way to Mersea that i found with my satnav was a great driving road!

Moving this thread to the forum 'JAE 2008'

[thumleft]
ppre89

1988 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

yeah that was a top road found by your sat nav! Nice drive following Matt and Scott down [thumleft]
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 40

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Even if my exhaust was a tad loud...... [Mr. Green]
ppre89

1988 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

lmao, was good watchin the flames lick out having a little fun through the lanes with blood pooring from my ears lmao [thumleft]
matt_mr2t

2001 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nah it wasnt too bad, well until I parked up behind you, then my car shook.

Geez, thought mine was loud!

I'm shocked at myself for enjoying the country route so much. Never been my cuppa tea but as soon as the roads got smooth it was brilliant fun.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Past JAE Shows -> JAE 2008 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: