Digital EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp) Gauge

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

gtech

Digital EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp) Gauge

Post by gtech »

Okay guys, I've potentially got another excellent bit of kit going on a group buy.

This is a DIGITAL EXHAUST GAS TEMP METER, spec as follows:

Size: 1x2x3" or 24 x 48 x75mm digital thermometer, pyrometer for Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) monitoring. Powered directly by the car battery (12 VDC). Its bright LED display is easy to read from a distance as compared with many dim LCD type digital thermometers. The programmable alarm will turn on a blue LED in the front panel to get driver's attention if the temperature is above the setting point.

It will also close a relay output port that can be used to turn on a buzzer/alarm, shut off the fuel, or turn on a cooling fan. The meter stores the peak temperature with time that can be checked later (same as the Recall function of other brand). It can also operate in the peak holding mode so that only the maximum temperature is displayed. The meter will accept all EGT sensors on the market and display the temperature in either Celsius or Fahrenheit (max 1800F/1000C). The brightness of LED display can be synchronized with the headlights. It can also be dimmed directly from the key pad.

Complete with K Type Probe. (2m - But extension cable is cheap enough)

EGT sensor. K type thermocouple with exposed tip junction for fast response time.

I am just finalising the prices based on 10+ Units. At the moment I am looking around the £65.00 mark, but should be cheaper, and fingers crossed they will cooperate with the "Import" thing ;-)

So initially I need names of those who DEFINATELY want one, once I get an idea of numbers I can confirm the price.

As and when I get more information/prices, I will post up here.

Update 31st July 2008 - Links for manuals:
Operation Manual: http://www.22817448.net/Manuals/EGT.pdf
Quick Install Guide: http://www.22817448.net/Manuals/Install.pdf

So to start the list: (Copy, Paste and add your name)

1. Gtech
Last edited by gtech on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
owai

Re: Digital EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp) Gauge

Post by owai »

I'm intrested but will wait for further information... eg fitting :)
spowy

Post by spowy »

I am defo up for one of these £65 is a good price :D

1. Gtech
2. Spowy
gtech

Post by gtech »

owai wrote:I'm intrested but will wait for further information... eg fitting :)

Fitting will be straight forward, unit is nice and small so will pretty much fit anywhere you like. As for the probe, hopefully you will already have a bung on your downpipe, if not you can get a clamping sensor, but obviously readings are'nt as good.

With regards to wiring, 12v Source, Lights for auto dim, 2 wires for sensor, and a ground.

I will be uploading the user and fitting guides later today.

Graeme
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
owai

Post by owai »

1. Gtech
2. Spowy
3. owai

Count me in then! i take it these only coeme in o ne colour?
gtech

Post by gtech »

owai wrote:1. Gtech
2. Spowy
3. owai

Count me in then! i take it these only coeme in o ne colour?

There is a GREEN display, but adds about another £20 which is barmy......and the Green dont look too hot either :-)
owai

Post by owai »

Never mind i can live with the blue led was just wondering if they had any red ones to match the boost gauge ordered from you :) it's only 2 little blue led's so shouldn't be to bad :)
gtech

Post by gtech »

Should be able to change them BLUE LEDs to anything really......see what happens once they arrive :mrgreen:
owai

Post by owai »

I struggle using a microwave let alone something on this scale!
For some reason i've been able to stay away from most group buys but not yours ...i think it has something to with bright lights!
gtech

Post by gtech »

owai wrote:I struggle using a microwave let alone something on this scale!
For some reason i've been able to stay away from most group buys but not yours ...i think it has something to with bright lights!

we shall see if we can help you once they are through :-) flashing lights always attact :-)
gtech

Post by gtech »

Need to bump this back up to get some more names on the list, remember guys, when tuning, EGT is a big thing, and these are superb units at the right price.

They've just come back to me and said if I can get some decent numbers, they will manufacture 4m lenth cables/probes for an extra £8.

Graeme
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

Could do with a fitting guide first tbh... Want to see if it's something that I can do realistically, or whether this'll just sit in it's box.
gtech

Post by gtech »

monkeyra wrote:Could do with a fitting guide first tbh... Want to see if it's something that I can do realistically, or whether this'll just sit in it's box.

Here is the USER MANUAL: http://www.22817448.net/Manuals/EGT.pdf

and here is the FITTING GUIDE: http://www.22817448.net/Manuals/Install.pdf

Hope these help. Fitting really is very very simple. If you dont have a bung on your downpipe, you could always go for the exhaust clamp style, not as accurate, but gives you the information you need.

EGT is probably one of the best tuning tools, well that and Wideband O2 and already did a group buy on them :-)
spowy

Post by spowy »

I'm surprised you haven't had more names as its a good price £65 each for a group buy for ten.

What sort of price would they discount for the three of us that have put our names down as I am a definate :D

Chris :wink:
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

Would a standard downpipe have a bung? Or does that only come on aftermarket ones?
gtech

Post by gtech »

monkeyra wrote:Would a standard downpipe have a bung? Or does that only come on aftermarket ones?

The standard downpipe (toyota) does'nt have any extra bungs......sorry

Graeme
gtech

Post by gtech »

spowy wrote:I'm surprised you haven't had more names as its a good price £65 each for a group buy for ten.

What sort of price would they discount for the three of us that have put our names down as I am a definate :D

Chris :wink:

I have the same group buy running on TwoBrutal so hopefully we will make the 10 ;-)
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

where do you think this could be mounted?

please stop doing digital stuff, its like moth to a flame haha

count me in! also for the extended cable for the sensor. what size bung do we need? mines got one but want to make sure it will fit
gtech

Post by gtech »

LuizeGT wrote:where do you think this could be mounted?

please stop doing digital stuff, its like moth to a flame haha

count me in! also for the extended cable for the sensor. what size bung do we need? mines got one but want to make sure it will fit

I just cannot resist flashing light things and a good buy :-) reckon this will mount very neatly in the cubby hole by the drivers right knee. Size of bung, well the thread they are quoting is M6x1.0

HTH
gtech

Post by gtech »

1. Gtech
2. Spowy
3. owai
4. LuizeGT

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”