MR2 Turbo Vs golf GTI MK2

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

adam maclean

MR2 Turbo Vs golf GTI MK2

Post by adam maclean »

I know theres no contest but I had to teach this young chav how german efficiency simply cant beat Jap Power. coming home the other day I was behind this gti, ive always liked the gti so i didnt bother him. Just then his exhaust started to back pop, "cool noise" i thought. Then the cheeky xxxxxx dropped the clutch and reved the engine to make it pop again and gave me a smug grin in the rearview.

Right I thought, ill teach you. Got out to a round about and thank god, he nails it and heads the same way as me. Onto the slip road and hes got the lead, mine starts fish tailing "oh xxxx" i thought. Suddenly i find grip and the thing leaps off. Onto the duel and i fly past him at about 110, he is fuming and is still trying his best to catch up.

Amazingly he's still behind me as i pull off and to add a little poetic justice the unburnt petrol from my exhaust gives a nice little pop as i pull onto the next roundabout and my point is proven.
8)
craig

Re: MR2 Turbo Vs golf GTI MK2

Post by craig »

hahaha. Nicely done sir :lol:
speedy_g

Re: MR2 Turbo Vs golf GTI MK2

Post by speedy_g »

Just watch out for the Mk1 and 2's that have had a VR6 transplant, some even supercharge them too!

Return to “Driving Experiences”