boxster

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is

Poll ended at Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:48 pm

Great driving
13%
Just having a laugh
38%
Stupid
38%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
13%

Total votes: 8

The Morris

boxster

Post by The Morris »

Havnt driven my car since santa pod so thought i would take it to work. Went into town to get some petrol and on the way back theres a series of roundabouts on a duel carraigeway.

Im cruising along at 90 (late for work), when a boxster comes flying up behind, so i ease it round the round about and into the inside lane, he pulls straight into the outside lane, so obviously i floor it and slowly pull away untill im 5 car lenghts ahead at which point im doing 115.

So i slow into the roundabout and he tries it again, once again i leave him behind.

No idea what model it was, it had clear indicators if that helps. He didnt look very impressed though. Made my day.
Mark Edwards

Re: boxster

Post by Mark Edwards »

I should hope so too Lee. They aint anything special, there 2 types, the normal one (easy fodder) and the 's' which is the (supposedly) quick one. I reckon in the spec you have now you'd beat either. :D
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

it was more the look on his face as he tried to come past for the second time. Just because i have an old Toyota and he has a porshe. i be the was grumpy when he got to work
fizz

Post by fizz »

The Morris wrote:it was more the look on his face as he tried to come past for the second time. Just because i have an old Toyota and he has a porshe. i be the was grumpy when he got to work

the pleasure i get from looking at the boxster drivers faces when you beat them.. man.. its priceless... and almost as good is the face of the TT drivers who also think they have a 'quick' car.. :D
Al-sw20

Post by Al-sw20 »

Theres an owner of a car dealership and bar in my home town that has a Boxster S. I've wanted a go at it from when I first saw it. Looks like the local car club are having closed road street drags in April :twisted:
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Seems to be the most common car to have a go at me, almost always driven by double glazing salesman types, always beat them without effort, even the 's'. You'll have no problem in a drag against one. 8)

Return to “Driving Experiences”