had a great lil run in with a D reg carrera s!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great driving
No votes
Just having a laugh
73%
Stupid
18%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
9%

Total votes: 11

jimGTS

had a great lil run in with a D reg carrera s!

Post by jimGTS »

easily pulled away from the old car up to legal speeds at the lights on a dual carrige way.
was great fun the amount of car lengths i pulled away from him, dont think he expected that, lol. my 0-60 time must of been mental, lol. he did start to gain as i lifted off to keep to legal speeds, so he must of been gunning it to catch up!
GRUMPY old bas*erd though, i tried to give him a nod, and flashed my lights as he passed, but he wasnt having any of it!
turns out he was going the same way as me, so i caught him up and we had another few little blasts, i easily kept my own, and was gaining all the time!

tried to find the specs on these, but couldnt find anything, any ideas of power, 0-60 etc etc for this 911 carrera s D reg???
splashnatz

Re: had a great lil run in with a D reg carrera s!

Post by splashnatz »

got a porsche book somewehere - i'll try an find it and tell you full figures, but IIRC the old (proper carrera S - D Reg will be an '86 i think ) - 210 hp.
splashnatz

Re: had a great lil run in with a D reg carrera s!

Post by splashnatz »

spec's for a 1986 carrera (not the S) - but it seems the S had more to do with the car having the turbo widebody with nice fat arches.

3164 cc flat 6
207 bhp @ 5900 rpm
215 lb/ft @ 4000 rpm
0-60 - 6 seconds
Max Speed : 149 - many people say their carreras have greatly exceeded this speed.

so it should have been a fun match !
doeboy

porsche

Post by doeboy »

i had a race with a porsche once........ it was my mates 911 turbo 2. it was in norfolk we were doin silly speeds but he couldn't shake me off it was great fun till my alternator belt snapped then we had to stop havin fun #-o :( :cry:

Return to “Driving Experiences”