finally im a MR2 owner!!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ms Croft

finally im a MR2 owner!!

Post by Ms Croft »

I am finally an MR2 owner!!! (bought one yesterday!) \:D/ :D 8) :D \:D/

ok ok.. so i was GOING to buy a revision 3 turbo BUT for various reasons.. (not insurance but just that i couldnt find a newish MR2 turbo they were all 1992-5).. so i ended up buying a newer 1999 t-bar, uk spec, mk2 MR2 2.0litre 16v. 8)

im very pleased with it as its immaculate, and only has 42k on the clock. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/ ... R2side.bmp

this is the only photo i have of it at the moment as its still at the garage (waiting for the logbook to arrive) and paperwork etc.. yawn yawn! :roll:

hopefully i will be picking it up in the next 2 weeks, and then i will take some better photos and post them up. cant wait to get my hands on it!! \:D/

certainly guna be more fun than driving a pug 206 lol! 8-[
DanWMR2

Re: finally im a MR2 owner!!

Post by DanWMR2 »

Ah Ms Croft - welcome to the inner sanctums of MR2 ownership - I see you have chosen wisey (A Red MR2) my personal preferance. Have you experianced the delights of driving a Tubby yet? =D> =D> =D> 8)

Any Modifications in Mind? O:)

Dan
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

About bloody time!! :)

Well done, looks nice!

Paul.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

well done anna banana :cheers: im pleased for ya. Took your bloody time though ](*,) :lol:

:thumleft: :D
Ms Croft

Post by Ms Croft »

thanks everyone \:D/

ha ha! i know dale.. but i was weighing up all my options! lol :lol:

and i wasnt planning on getting a red one, just that i cant fell in love with this one when i saw it! 8-[

and the garage is taking my pug in as part ex which helps becoz i didnt manage to sell the darn thing on autotrader. #-o

and modifications.. not sure! will have to wait and see how the bank balence looks when ive paid for the MR2, which at the moment a dare not look at :shock:

would like some bigger exhausts on it for a start! and the alloys and tyres are new, so not sure about changing them, they are not really my type of alloys but i think they look nice :D
DanWMR2

Post by DanWMR2 »

Anna - Aren't you gonna add a picture to your Profile (Or would this be templing fate???) :cry: #-o [-o<

Dan
Ms Croft

Post by Ms Croft »

oh course i will! i just havent had chance! only bought the car last night and didnt get home till 11.30pm! :shock:

i want to wait till i get the car though really and get some nicer pics of it ;)
shafster

Post by shafster »

very nice, best colour, looks mint.

happy driving :mrgreen:
pete h

Post by pete h »

congrats anna, =D> great colour. :thumright:

fell in love at 1st sight, its funny, i did that aswell... :oops:

pete
craig

Post by craig »

DanWMR2 wrote:I see you have chosen wisey (A Red MR2)

Dan

Damn straight! :mrgreen:
craig

Post by craig »

Very nice Ms Croft! :wink:
michael

Post by michael »

Nice car but a 250kb bitmap of it is a bit rude, here have a JPG on me...

Ms Croft

Post by Ms Croft »

im soo giddy i just cant wait to get it! :D

the next 2 weeks are guna be a total drag! i need my MR2 NOW! lol :oops:
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Ms Croft wrote:and modifications.. not sure! will have to wait and see how the bank balence looks when ive paid for the MR2, which at the moment a dare not look at :shock:

would like some bigger exhausts on it for a start! and the alloys and tyres are new, so not sure about changing them, they are not really my type of alloys but i think they look nice :D

Go for the cheapest mod so far - some IMOC stickers from Luke :mrgreen: +10bhp surely ! :lol:

After that get some clear side repeaters (ones on the side of the car by the door) - you can buy aftermarket or MrT sells them for the celica and they fit straight on ! - orange side repeaters and Red car don't go ! 8-[

two mods for about £25 ! - sorted ! :mrgreen:
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:

two mods for about £25 ! - sorted ! :mrgreen:

:wink: Clear repeators and front indicators were my first mod, makes a real difference. I like to be more practical too, so make sure everythings in tip top condition. Oil & Filter change, Air filter, spark plugs and HT leads and maybe a coolant change. Oh and get the sills injected with waxoyl :P
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Dale_V wrote:
:wink: Clear repeators and front indicators were my first mod, makes a real difference. I like to be more practical too, so make sure everythings in tip top condition. Oil & Filter change, Air filter, spark plugs and HT leads and maybe a coolant change. Oh and get the sills injected with waxoyl :P

She (the cat's mother :lol: ) already has clear fronts so that's already "sorted" :lol:

if this car is from a main dealer I would get them to throw all of the above in for free !... BUT I wouldn;t replace the OEM HT leads - only a rev5 so should be in tiptop condition.

what's the Waxoyl injection business ? intrigued :-k
Ms Croft

Post by Ms Croft »

well the car is getting its MOT done before i have it, and a full service and valet, so it should be in tip top condition! \:D/

:-k hmm you have me thinking about those clear side repeaters now, my sis got some for her gen 6 celica, so should i order the same ones if they are the same fit? :?
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:

what's the Waxoyl injection business ? intrigued :-k

http://www.mgocaccessories.co.uk/acatal ... l_171.html

Waxoyl is basically a rustproffing treatment ;) I did my car last year, injected the sills, removed the boot carpet and did the whole boot/wings. You can buy a kit from halfords, it's messy stuff but well worth it :D It sprays on in liquid form, then kinda sets to a wax, but will never dry completely...

shafster

Post by shafster »

Ms Croft wrote::-k hmm you have me thinking about those clear side repeaters now, my sis got some for her gen 6 celica, so should i order the same ones if they are the same fit? :?

i got my clear side repeaters from funkystyling.co.uk for £15 :D
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

shafster wrote:
Ms Croft wrote::-k hmm you have me thinking about those clear side repeaters now, my sis got some for her gen 6 celica, so should i order the same ones if they are the same fit? :?

i got my clear side repeaters from funkystyling.co.uk for £15 :D

yes same fit.

Shaf... are the funkystyling ones Jewel or clear ? - regular clear side ones may go better with a standard rev5 clear oem front's

Return to “Member Profiles”