neos designs

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dude541

neos designs

Post by dude541 »

purchased a bomex bodykit directly from them,
arrived much later than was told!

front lip,poor finish and bad fit! advertised as perfect fit!
sideskirts bad fit!
rear spats ok.

at the same time i purchased some parts from a guy of here (imoc)
that had been supplied,fitted & painted by neos,these where vented front wings & a bomex scoop. arrived packaged well.

wings imho where a poor fit! sold them back on as needing work at a big loss!

bomex scoop,fit and paint where awfull! went in bin! big loss

ok these where second hand parts (wings & scoop) but where still supplied etc by neos,and hadnt been touched since fitment!

after posting several times about this experience in various threads,then being told not to! im now posting it in the right section! :thumleft:
hicks

Re: neos designs

Post by hicks »

bought some vented front wings and toms rear bumper.

toms came with a big crack in the gelcoat so had to be sent back, another was sent out straight away. very quick response on that one.

toms fit ok but its not 100% perfect as he always claims.

front wings are another story, paid upfront in full as they were advertised as january delivery (paid in december) and no mention in advert that these werent ready too go. after 3 months asked what was happening too find out that he was still making the moulds (misadvertising)

after much moaning and asking for my money back the wings finally arrived in may 6 months after paying for them and as good will gesture were painted and had the optional carbon upgrade (which i didnt want or like) finally got them fitted and still not 100% with the fit so will need to do some tweeking and there not a very good colour match (darker than the rest of the car).

overall i wouldnt buy from him again due too the issues ive had with the wings. fitment is OK deff not as good as he makes out and his customer service skills are non existent.
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

My own personal experience of Dave was a good one.. he helped me out via the phone when i hd an issue regarding another bodyshop. He talked me through teh process of teh repair i was having done as the bodyshop had mucked it up and were backing out of responsibilty.

Dave PM'd me offering free advice on what to look out for and what to say to these people - so i was not just fobbed off.

I wasn;t even a customer of his so i was very grateful for the help ! Free of charge ! :lol:

Good old IMOC spirit was in evidence :thumleft:
Car now Sold :cry: damn 5th Lumber Disc !
Bry

Post by Bry »

bought a Toms rear bumper,took a fair amount of time but was excellent quality and a perfect fit
Watch out OZ here I come !!
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

I had a Toms rear bumper sent to me from a group buy off Dave.
turned up well packaged but unfortunatly the courie had damaged it, dave got me another one out VERY quickly but courier did the same again #-o so Dave personally hand delivered me one on a bank holiday right to my door! miles away from where he works.

Fittiment is PERFECT! not 1 alteration needed to be made, i trial fitted it and didnt take it off for a month until i went for a spray, looked so pretty lol.

cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

In all i had to wait almost a year. I paid in full november (yes thats right 2 months before you did in january) and only got them last weekend (yes thats right not in may like yourself no august).

However despite all this I do feel neo knows where hes gone wrong and has decide no more projects etc..

Basically if he feels there is a market for something he will do it. i.e. Not get a group buy going for something that doestn exist and ends up taking months to make.

However the long the wait and how much it annoyed I take great pleasure in the fact that dave hand delivered my wings to me as I was unable to meet him as I already had plans that weekend. Hand delivered cost him an awful lot of money as hes in the north and im in the south west (30 miles from bristol) he didnt ask for any thing for it and I didnt even pay postage on the wings in the 1st place..

I probably will buy from dave again but only if he has my cash when I have the item, e.g. Cash upon collection..

The quality of the wings is perfect but obviously there was no damage to hand delivery etc...

I think the biggest lesson learnt here by all is: Dont go into a group buy if the item hasnt even been made yet.. I was very annoyed however I do feel they look that good it was almost worth the wait.

hicks wrote:bought some vented front wings and toms rear bumper.

front wings are another story, paid upfront in full as they were advertised as january delivery (paid in december) and no mention in advert that these werent ready too go. after 3 months asked what was happening too find out that he was still making the moulds (misadvertising)

after much moaning and asking for my money back the wings finally arrived in may 6 months after paying for them and as good will gesture were painted and had the optional carbon upgrade (which i didnt want or like) finally got them fitted and still not 100% with the fit so will need to do some tweeking and there not a very good colour match (darker than the rest of the car).

overall i wouldnt buy from him again due too the issues ive had with the wings. fitment is OK deff not as good as he makes out and his customer service skills are non existent.
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

My experiences directly with Dave have all been good.. so good I've been back twice! First meet was to get the rear spoiler and have a gander at his workshop.. after that I've met up in order to pick up side vents and an aeroware lip spoiler.
Dave had plenty of advice to give, had a genuine interest in myself (and my car) and seems to me to be an all round good fellow.

The quality of these items I've had is top notch. I've had a genuine Bomex spoiler, while the fit was good, the Neos lip actually fit slightly better... the biggest difference in the two was the Neos lip was a good sight thicker and therefore more rigid and less flimsy. Oh, and a third of the cost!

Yes, the guy is guilty of failing deadlines... a couple of group buys have fallen by the wayside. From what I have read and heard in other posts, when he gets it wrong there is 12 pages of rage. However, we don't hear too much when he's chasing things around the country and giving people free paint on the items to make amends.

I'm of the opinion that if you want something then go and get it. I drove a bloody long way to pick things up. I don't want to receive damaged items due to clumsy couriers or having to wait until busy people get the chance to post things. That's my way of doing things.

To finalize, I certainly don't think Dave is ripping anyone off. The subject is the demand for his goods and his ability to cater for it. I talk to Dave when I need things, that way there is no middle ground... I ring, wait until it's ready, meet, pay, paint and fit.

KM
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

I have had a few dealings with Dave.

Superb in my opinion. :thumleft: Items turned up in a few days and were brilliant fit. Better than my original Kaminari parts i once had. I would use him again without doubt.

Yes a few things have gone wrong and some people have had to wait but im sure he is trying to address it.

His only fault i think is maybe his products are so good he took on too much. People should calm down and let him sort it. Having his work is a benefit to the MR2 and tuning community in general. Keeping on and slagging him down must surely be causing him to lose heart in making our products.

I hope things work out for Dave and he regains the respect his hard work deserves.

Keep up the good work mate! Can you make me a Do-luck front bumper? :lol:

NEOS BORDER KIT.
nuttasie

quality

Post by nuttasie »

Don't know were to start here but here goes.Dave had my car and TRD kit to get for once,a good quality TRD kit sorted so people could finally have the quality that the kit deserves.Also making it a plug'n'play affair so to speak.

As in if you ever need replacment parts you will not need loads of custom and mod work again as Dave as done each part to be a perfect fit.I like most others have been really annoyed and depressed as was quoted a few months but my car as been there 10 now.It got that bad I went up to get my car about 6 weeks ago but after speaking to Dave and nowing what was going on i decided to leave it there a bit longer.

All this as happened mainly due to group buys were the item had not even been made and due to Dave's quality control,exculated to the point were everbody concerned was or is really pi$$ed off about it all.After daves as finally sorted the moulds,his glass lay up work is very quick.I know this as I asked for 3 items all of a decent size and they were ready for collection in 2 days.

But Dave as all the moulds for the main kits which are out there now and production time, once contacted is basically a week.

Dave whole hartedly nows the grief he as caused to people over passed deadlines,and as stated above will not do this no more.he will not advertise the part if he ain't got the mould,end of.

I am still hacked off about my TRD kit and dave nows this as we have spoken in detail about it,but it is nearly in completion now.I have the 2 front wings which are a great fit as I have seen it all taken off and put together in the flesh.It will be a truely awsome kit when finished!

I have also had other stuff of Dave,aeroware rear spoiler,greddy front lip and they are a great fit,and from the items i have seen when iI,ve been there all his stuff seems to be of the same quality.

Basically unless you have done this kind of work and had to fit the crap which is out there,you do not truely now how good daves stuff really is.But yet he basically only charges the same price's as the items you get from other companies which ain't gonna fit.

If you took daves stuff to a body shop which does this kind of work alot,you'll guaranteed to get a good response from them after they have worked with daves items.

They are in a different league compared to most of the stuff av elsewhere.

This is no creeping up to dave just because he still has my car as he knows exactly how pi$$ed of i am about it.But I also have done body work for years and have had to deal with shoddy kits uptill know and daves kits are a breath of fresh air.

I actually believer they are worth more than he charges but he believes in offering very good value for money,so can,t argue with that.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

I had the border/bomex kit off Dave a while back and
my mate that fitted them said it was the easiest job
he had done due to the fitment and quality of the parts.
Probably change the look of my car sometime when Im
bored of it and would use Dave again no worries.
Rich
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Never had an issue with Dave's quality of workmanship, just his lack of communication skills.

Unless, I'd asked him I'd still be none-the-wiser about my car, which was dropped off on the 19th Jan - and he still has it now. It's almost "ready to accept paint" which is comforting, as it's been that way since June.
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

I've ordered off Dave as well - quality of kit was 100%. Very nice chap who got a bit over zealous and over enthusiastic. I don't think those things are bad but some people had serious delays etc

I think the main point to focus on is that Dave is now operating far differently from months back - with the main point being that he is only selling items that are in production.

I am not putting down people's bad experiences - but I do feel that Dave is making a huge effort and he has turned around most of the areas that people had issues with.

I think if people can give him a chance, the MR2 community will only benefit :D

P.S. I bought modified Border skirts and I'm going back for a modified SARD front :D

hth
Rob
RST

Post by RST »

sideskirts bad fit!
rear spats ok.
...I was beginning to think I was the only one who bought stuff that didn't fit.

• Border side skirts were OK I guess -few mm out here and there but I guess that's par but I did notice the other cars I've seen had the same look so I suggested the moulds were out a couple of mm.
    Bomex bumper was a truly awful fit (wouldn't even sit on my car at first) -ended up cutting parts out and adding to the length so the wheel ach line met at the wing. 60 hours of my own evening and weekend time to fit, my old bumper was off the car so I just committed myself and got it to look not too bad, guess I was pretty slow at doing it though. When Dave siad he'd tried it on a car before it left I pretty much just laughed
    Rear spats had loads of air pockets beneath the gel coat -one hole was about 1.5" long
Not bought much GRP stuff for cars before but I really was surprised having seen the "guarantees". I'm not having a personal dig here but I think it's important to remember that there's no such thing as a 100% fit guarantee.

Should add, I let Neos Designs know all this at the time so there's nothing new been posted here.
dervbas

Post by dervbas »

Dave at Neos design personally arranged and dropped off a pair of rear Border-style spats last week. Thank you.

Not fitted them yet because they need painting, but his Bomex front lip was 100% fit so I hope that I will have the same good experience here.

Thanks again.
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

RST wrote:[Border side skirts were OK I guess -few mm out here and there but I guess that's par but I did notice the other cars I've seen had the same look so I suggested the moulds were out a couple of mm.

My bodyshop guy is old-school and mostly does work for a Merc and BMW dealership - he said the Border skirts were as good as the ££££ manufacturer kits he has fitted over the years :D

I've seen various people's cars and bonnets and panels don't always line up from car to car - is it possible some people's car panels are off a bit.

Anyway, not contradicting anyone - just pointing out a great product I received

Can't wait for my modified SARD front bumper :twisted:

Rob
headcover

Post by headcover »

RST wrote:
sideskirts bad fit!
rear spats ok.

...I was beginning to think I was the only one who bought stuff that didn't fit.

• Border side skirts were OK I guess -few mm out here and there but I guess that's par but I did notice the other cars I've seen had the same look so I suggested the moulds were out a couple of mm.
    Bomex bumper was a truly awful fit (wouldn't even sit on my car at first) -ended up cutting parts out and adding to the length so the wheel ach line met at the wing. 60 hours of my own evening and weekend time to fit, my old bumper was off the car so I just committed myself and got it to look not too bad, guess I was pretty slow at doing it though. When Dave siad he'd tried it on a car before it left I pretty much just laughed
    Rear spats had loads of air pockets beneath the gel coat -one hole was about 1.5" long

Not bought much GRP stuff for cars before but I really was surprised having seen the "guarantees". I'm not having a personal dig here but I think it's important to remember that there's no such thing as a 100% fit guarantee.

Should add, I let Neos Designs know all this at the time so there's nothing new been posted here.
Your bumper prior to being shipped out to you, trial fitted but not bolted up, on a car in my workshop. I've sold over 40 of these units, over 5 years, & also fitted & painted them myself.

Pic's also show the indicators fitted. You said that they dont fit!

Dave
dude541

Post by dude541 »

how can you prove it was that bumper that was sent?
its just a picture,could have been taken anytime! means nothing............ :whistle:
DARRYN

Post by DARRYN »

That bumper was produced from Dave's mould at the time of RST buying one . It's displayed on a customer's car that was in at the time . I've since seen bomex fronts test fitted on other cars in Dave's workshop and they all line up the same .
RST's situation was unfortunate, I never did understand what could have been wrong with it, and unfortunately he had started cutting and modifying it before I could see a pic of the fitment .
Fibreglass is a material which due to it's nature can flex and warp in varied temperatures or from being handled badly by couriers (i.e. crushed into a van with other things) .
For someone with experience with composites and body kit fitting there is usually a simple fix to make things fit . For example a customer who bought Daves Aeroware rear spoiler complained of poor fitting and began to rant on another forum . I offered some advice and then he spoke to a friend who had body shop experience . The friend apllied some heat to the part and it fitted perfectly. Dave's customer then retracted his previous comments , apologised and went on to support Dave's statement of quality .
Dave has his flaws, and has made his mistakes, but quality isn't one of them . I have first hand experience of what the standard of parts on the market is like and even original manufacturers like Tom's etc. don't produce kit to the standard that Dave does .
I say this all as someone who hasn't been working with Dave for a good while now and I've had my issues with turnaround time etc., but the fact of the matter is there isn't another company or person producing kit to better Dave's quality . And in the MR2 world there's only 1 other that matches up to this quality .
I have nothing to gain from these comments, but I can't sit back and watch a guy attacked for something that I think is not true.
dude541

Post by dude541 »

but you would say that......
you was making money from selling his kits! :whistle:

my original post was from my own experiences with neos products,im entitled to post my opinion in this section,as many others have to,be it good or bad!

:thumleft:
chippysmr2t

Post by chippysmr2t »

headcover wrote:
RST wrote:
sideskirts bad fit!
rear spats ok.

Your bumper prior to being shipped out to you, trial fitted but not bolted up, on a car in my workshop. I've sold over 40 of these units, over 5 years, & also fitted & painted them myself.

Pic's also show the indicators fitted. You said that they dont fit!

Dave

wow even used my old car to test fit other parts on. my overall experience with neos was one of the worst situations i have ever been in, that car is no longer about as i stripped it down for spares mainly because of the whole situation :(.Got myself an r33 gtr now so all is good 8).

p.s dave is there anychance i will get the parts you still owe me(standard wings/toms scirts/genuine toms winglets)i see you are still very busy but i think it would be a very nice gesture to fiannly fullfill our original agreement.

thanks in advance

chippy

p.s.s darryn not sure what happened really one minute we seem to be getting on ok, then you suddenly stopped answering my emails/calls etc :( . if i upset you in anyway then i am very sorry as that was the last thing i wanted to do, anyway good luck for the future mate and take care.

chippy

Return to “Trader Feedback”