Tom Solan and NVI

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Tom Solan and NVI

Post by tonigmr2 »

I've had a couple of MR2s off Tom now, always top notch cars and a nice bloke to boot.

http://www.nvicars.co.uk/

T
DavidM

Re: Tom Solan and NVI

Post by DavidM »

tonigmr2 wrote:I've had a couple of MR2s off Tom now, always top notch cars and a nice bloke to boot.

http://www.nvicars.co.uk/

T

Yep, got to agree top guy.
I've been delighted with my rev3 turbo, covered 14000 miles since 27th December 2006 and never missed a beat.
A couple of niggles during the 3 month warranty, that Tom sorted no problem, which showed me he's a good as his word.
EX Caribbean Blue 10th Anniversary 1996 T-bar
EX Black 1995 mk2 GT Turbo
NOW Audi TT V6 3.2 DSG 2004 Coupe
SW20Paul

Post by SW20Paul »

Good to know my car's got nvi plates so must have come from them origanally \:D/
RST

Post by RST »

Got my VVT-i engine from him earlier this year, very pleasant guy to deal with.

Richard
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

The man responsable for my TRD. Honest, genuine and helpfull, kept me uptodate with the search progress, couldn't have bought from a nicer guy.

A few pics of his work...

Tom imported the spyder as well...

CHEERS TOM !!!!! :D
.::Ant::.

Post by .::Ant::. »

Had a bad experience with this guy, has cost me nearly £1500 to sort out so far on a car I've only had 6 months, and it's only now finally working.

Still waiting on an idle control valve he promised me nearly 6 months later.

Probably a reasonable guy to deal with if you don't have any problems with the car at any point, otherwise :(
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Very surprised to hear that Ant, have always had A1 off Tom.
T
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

.::Ant::. wrote:Probably a reasonable guy to deal with if you don't have any problems with the car at any point, otherwise :(

Don't know the circumstances of your problems but I can say that Tom went beyond his warranty when I had a problem with my clutch.
The clutch was clearly stated as not covered by his warranty. The uprated clutch fitted to my car was excessively noisey, this was investigated, removed and replaced with a stock clutch at Tom's expense.
EX Caribbean Blue 10th Anniversary 1996 T-bar
EX Black 1995 mk2 GT Turbo
NOW Audi TT V6 3.2 DSG 2004 Coupe
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Tom sells very high quality MR2s.
My GTS Turbo was a steal at £5K in hindsight, considering the mods on it.

Now, I don't know if it how I came across to Tom when I spoke to him about a couple of warranty claims, but he did make me feel like I was taking liberties by claiming.

He is a straight talking guy who won't mess you around and he is very helpful in his own way :)

Probably one of the best ways to get trouble free mk2 turbo ownership.
dawolf

Post by dawolf »

He's always sounded quite helpful on the phone to me. I do think his prices are very steep compared to other traders though.
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

You get what you pay for off Tom. Every example I saw there was immaculate, dint free, rust free and tempting.

You pays your money, you takes your choice!
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm
Red

Post by Red »

Tom was great when I purchased my car and has been very helpful ever since. Thumbs up :thumleft:
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

Advertised a Rev 3 Turbo described by Tom as mint,travelled all the way from Portsmouth to view it considering this car was nearly £9k i would expect it to be mint,well what can i say the side skirts on both sides were cracked,T-Bar glass sealed in permantley with Silicone,his reply because they get a lot of rain ion Japan its common practice pmsl,front bumper damaged with light hanging out,rear bumper damaged,knocking noise on test drive interior was just as bad had signs of a roll cage fitted so car was used for track use.Avoid this guy like the plague all the other cars he had in stock were just as bad.

Return to “Trader Feedback”