ALARM SYSTEM with a Pager to alert you?!?!?!! - niffty -

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Karl

ALARM SYSTEM with a Pager to alert you?!?!?!! - niffty -

Post by Karl »

theres another post in the off topic section,'get your car in the times' and if you read the article, its about modified cars being the new 'bling' and has a few qoutes from owners. one qoute being this;

“He didn’t like the attention I gave it,” she says, “and he hated seeing me so upset when it got vandalised” (she now sleeps with a £150 pager that lets her know if anyone touches her car).

so wow i want to know more about this pager/alarm system, i know the cliford can get add ons that sound the alarm if u so much as touch it, but ive always liked the idea of your key fob letting u kno if the alarms been sounded or if the proximity sensor has sounded etc. i always thought this kind of thing never existed, but it seems it may! anyone know more about this please?

Karl
Matt

Re: ALARM SYSTEM with a Pager to alert you?!?!?!! - niffty -

Post by Matt »

Karl wrote:theres another post in the off topic section,'get your car in the times' and if you read the article, its about modified cars being the new 'bling' and has a few qoutes from owners. one qoute being this;

“He didn’t like the attention I gave it,” she says, “and he hated seeing me so upset when it got vandalised” (she now sleeps with a £150 pager that lets her know if anyone touches her car).

so wow i want to know more about this pager/alarm system, i know the cliford can get add ons that sound the alarm if u so much as touch it, but ive always liked the idea of your key fob letting u kno if the alarms been sounded or if the proximity sensor has sounded etc. i always thought this kind of thing never existed, but it seems it may! anyone know more about this please?

Karl

We have a similar thing on our house alarm.
Imagine yourself lying back on a sunlounger with a nice cold beer in your hand, loads of girls running round in the sunshine in their bikinis then your pager goes off to let you know your car is being broken into!! Its really gonna ruin your holiday being a thousand odd miles away and totally helpless! Take it from me its more hassle than its worth, the house alarm goes straight to a securtiy firm now as they have to respond!
philz

Post by philz »

That must be one powerful pager you've got there if it can receive signals from thousands of miles away! The ariel on it must be 1000m long!!

In reality most pagers only transmit 1/8th of a mile and that's in ideal conditions so they're not all that useful.
Matt

Post by Matt »

philz wrote:That must be one powerful pager you've got there if it can receive signals from thousands of miles away! The ariel on it must be 1000m long!!

In reality most pagers only transmit 1/8th of a mile and that's in ideal conditions so they're not all that useful.

How about a phone line?? I know my profile says Norfolk but we we aint that far back in the dark ages :D
Valentino MR2

Post by Valentino MR2 »

My friend had a pager alarm on his bike it was made by Datatool and it range was about 500m, not sure if anyone make one for a car yet (probably Clifford if anyone)
Karl

Post by Karl »

cheers guys
KiwiMR2

Post by KiwiMR2 »

I have one on my car, dunno what it's like in the UK but here in NZ alarms go off all the time, so much so most people just ignore them. That's why I wanted one with a pager, It pages me up to 2000 meters & I can start the car via the remoted up to 500 meters away....I have tested the remote start up to about 300 meters and it worked :)

It's nice to know IF my pager goes off even if others ignore it I will have a chance to catch them if Im near by. I also hooked my alarm up to my horn so if it goes off the horn goes nuts...seems to attract more attention than the normal sirens do.

Cheers
KiwiMR2
Raf

Post by Raf »

Get in touch with Dan at DC Dezign. Im sure he had one on offer. (see affiliates)

I think with pagers on car alarms there is a signal sent from the car to the fob. On house alarms (Matts) i do believe they are connected to the phone lines so can page you anywhere in the world.... just to ruin your holiday! Unless of course you can set it to page someone else when on holidays :wink:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

i have the LEA 826 pagar alarm!
can remote start up to 1500m away (havent tested that far though).
so anywhere in this distance and the alarm goes off, the pager will tell you about it! even to the extreme of what part of the car, ie, boot, engine bay, door where the has sensor been broke.

can get lots of add ons with the alarm to, i got the remote pop up light on the key fob as well! so can pop up the lights without even getting into the car! COOL!! 8) 8)

very handy bit of kit! especially if you say drive to work, and are only a few 100 meters from the car while in the office, you wouldnt hear the alarm, but the fob would tell you its going off!
(fog vibrates and/or lets off a small siren in the fob)

love the alarm!

can be used in winter for starting the car up from your bedroom, so when you get in the car its nice and warm in there!

list goes on!
Karl

Post by Karl »

sounds great, whos it made by? or is it as u stated?
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Karl wrote:sounds great, whos it made by? or is it as u stated?

wintec LEA 826 sold and fitted by Dan at dcdezign.co.uk
skytek

alarm

Post by skytek »

Dan_DCDezign

Post by Dan_DCDezign »

£280 fitted for IMOC'ers and you can also add remote boot release, total closure (closes the windows when you are the alarm) remote headlight activation, very cool on the MR2 with the flip lights ... and then you still have the third extra channel you can attch to anything you want ... maybe any ejector seat :)

Dan
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Dan_DCDezign wrote:£280 fitted for IMOC'ers and you can also add remote boot release, total closure (closes the windows when you are the alarm) remote headlight activation, very cool on the MR2 with the flip lights ... and then you still have the third extra channel you can attch to anything you want ... maybe any ejector seat :)

Dan

whats the total price including all the extra's, fitted?
Dan_DCDezign

Post by Dan_DCDezign »

Depends on which extras you want but heres a break down. Prices include parts and fitting.

Remote boot release: £40
Remote headlight activation: £15
Total closure: £50
Ejector seat ... available apon request :D

Dan
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

That is an great price :thumleft: i've seen one of these in action on Ryan's MR2 (red rev3) and was very impressed. Just need some cash :lol: and ill be purchasing ;)
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Dan_DCDezign wrote:£280 fitted for IMOC'ers and you can also add remote boot release, total closure (closes the windows when you are the alarm) remote headlight activation, very cool on the MR2 with the flip lights ... and then you still have the third extra channel you can attch to anything you want ... maybe any ejector seat :)

Dan

thanks for the plug jim and raf, lol! thtas what you should be saying, lol.
Dan_DCDezign

Post by Dan_DCDezign »

And right you are chap ... thanks muchly, cheque in the post :D
ryan

Post by ryan »

Hi Dan,
Excellent alarm that LEA826,
Dan, i've tried setting the lights to stay on for 30 secs when activated and havent had any luck. I've followed the instructions exactly, but they just pop up and flash and go back down again. :evil:

Any advice? I don't want to phone you as I know your very busy 8)
Dan_DCDezign

Post by Dan_DCDezign »

Hello mate, your doing it wrong then I am afraid matey. Give us a ring when you are trying to do it ... and I will talk you though it :)

Dan

Return to “ICE and Security”