Under-seat sub?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MegatronUK

Under-seat sub?

Post by MegatronUK »

Anyone know of any reasonable under-seat subs or sub+amp designs. I'm looking for a little bit extra deepness in the Supra... I've currently got:

Head units: Pioneer AVHP6400 screen/tuner and a MEHP9200 slot-cd/minidisc.
Front: Infinity 655cs components. 6.5" Mids in the doors and matching tweeters in each corner of the dash.
Rear: Infinity 6502i 6.5" 2-ways. In the rear side-pods.
Amps: 2 x Infinity RA7502 reference series. (2x75wrms @ 4Ohms) One amp for the front, one for the rear.

Each set is powered by its own amp (ie 2 in total). Quality is excellent; nice and crisp, strong mids and plenty loud enough... just needs a tad more bottom end (not interested in window shaking though!).

Any ideas? I know Pioneer used to do one.. back in the mists of time.. but seem to only do the 'tube' shaped ones now.

Whats on my stereo may help... right now I have:

Lamb - From darkness to Wonder
Smashing Pumpkins - Rotten Apples
Chemical Brothers - Push the Button
Bladerunner - the motion picture soundtrack :mrgreen:
Daft Punk - Da Funk
Faithless - Reverance / Irreverance
brummypetepie

Re: Under-seat sub?

Post by brummypetepie »

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Ah! nice one pete.... agreed, the Alpine one looks very bling! Prices seem to have come down quite a bit for this type of thing it seems!
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

Megatron....i like what you have in your car, i also have push the button, reverence/irreverence and homework (daft punks 1st album)!
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Ah, good taste mate - love Daft Punk... Discovery is awesome... but the latest album is a bit of a let down.
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

I havent bought it yet, i find you need to listen to it a few times with a lot of daft punks work to appreciate it. Have you bought milo's album, that kicks ass!!
Very daft punk-esque!
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

That should read MYLO!
brummypetepie

Post by brummypetepie »

Mylo was supporting Faithless on their last tour (last year) and saw them both play in Manchester and Wolverhampton - the absolute dogs danglies!!!

:D :D :D

Just seen the Chemicals a month or so ago too for the Push The Button album - quality!!!

Surface to Air kicks some serious ass!!! [-o<

Return to “ICE and Security”