Just saw one of these Compact Amp and Sub units in Halfords

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

milan

Just saw one of these Compact Amp and Sub units in Halfords

Post by milan »

I just went into my local Halfords and saw one of these JBL units it seemed small enough to fit behind the seat (haven't checked the measurements yet) and because its already got the amp built in it makes it a bit easier for mounting. I think it was only £99.99. Its 100w RMS not sure if it was the Basspro or BassproII.

Heres the link to the JBL site for these.
http://www.jbl.com/car/products/category.aspx?cat=sub

If anyone has used them before can you let me know what they are like, thanks.
sadako

Re: Just saw one of these Compact Amp and Sub units in Halfords

Post by sadako »

Its a cheap and cheerful sub, but its better than nothing. See if you can blag the store to let you see if it fits using the display model
mista_two

bass space

Post by mista_two »

hey if it fits could you tell me i saw the same sub in halfords b4 i had my mr2 now they dont stock it if it fits il look harder and find one thanks :?:
Ian Geary

Re: Just saw one of these Compact Amp and Sub units in Halfords

Post by Ian Geary »

I saw one yesterday in the Redhill Halfords.

They will ring up other stores for availability of parts, as long as you find the employee who can use a phone.

To me it looked like it would sit on the cubby hole - just. Ther may be a slight overhang, and it would be easily visable through the side windows.

It would need some hefty screws though! I wouldn't like to do an emergency stop with that behind my head.

Return to “ICE and Security”