Black Beast

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Do you like the Beast?

Nope
12%
It's ok
12%
Very nice
53%
I want it!
24%

Total votes: 17

Rhys-

Black Beast

Post by Rhys- »

Hi guys,

Here's the Beast. Technical spec is 232BHP @ 4krpm with 242lbs tourque (flywheel figures). I have owned the car since May 2003 from Julian at JDI. I previously have owned MR2's since 1999. It's running a bit low on power considering the mods done but I've since done some changes since the last power run and hope to have it over 240BHP now.

Technical Spec can be seen in my profile. (The 206 is my younger brothers)

Car Manafacturer: Toyota
Model: MR2 GT-S
Year: 1992
Engine: 3S-GTE
Transmission: Manual
Color: Black
Wheels: 16" Rota Grids

Engine Mods:
Supra CT26A Turbo
Blitz NUR Spec R Exhaust
Standard Re-circ BOV
Denzo Iridium Plugs
Copper Contact Dizzy Cap
SFS Silicone Hoses (red)
M's K&N Air Filter
Grainger Valve (set to 15PSI)
FCD
Greddy oil catch can

Suspension/Brakes Mods:
Stock

Exterior Mods:
Bomex Front Lip
Bomex Side Skirts
Phoenix Power Rear Splitters
TOMS Air Scoop (removed)
Blitz Decals
White LED Sidelights
Xenon Headlights
Clear front clusters

Interior Mods:
TRD Short Shift
Autometer Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge
Blue Dash backlights
Rhon's Leather Gear Gaitor
M's Turbo Timer
MOMO Race steering wheel/boss

Rims/Tires Mods:
16" Rota Grids (gunmetal with silver lip)
Avon ZZ3's

Audio/Video Mods:
Pioneer MP3 player
New front components

Adios

Rhys
Last edited by Rhys- on Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edwin

Re: Black Beast

Post by Edwin »

Very very nice, looks mean in black, combined with those wheels!
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

sweet as mate!

do you know what piller pod that is??? is it a universal one???
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

ps, i wouldnt recommend showing your number plates mate!
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Thanks mate :D

For contrast here is a pic of the car in Japan. As you can see nearly every mod has been done by myself (except the CT26A)

Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Jim - Good idea mate, I should photoshop that out really :oops:

I got the pod from Dan, I think it's an Autometer one as I bought it when I got the gauge. Both came to around £90 I think.
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Oh and as a bit of history for you, the Phoenix Power rear splitters are the originals used to make RMG's type P splitters. How's that for a bit of useless information? :lol: (they were copies in the first place but Russ sorted them out)
michael

Post by michael »

jimGTS wrote:ps, i wouldnt recommend showing your number plates mate!

He does it when he drives the car down the street :)
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Love the wheels. Nice looking car!
T
aliturbo44

Post by aliturbo44 »

It is a beautiful beast :lol:
craig

Post by craig »

Sweet as a nut mate!!

:thumright:
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Why ever not? There's no difference between showing your plates on here and showing your plates on the road.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by jimGTS »

Nige wrote:

Why ever not? There's no difference between showing your plates on here and showing your plates on the road.

yes but a FAIR FEW MORE peeps from around the country can have a nose at your car on the web!
and theres plenty of resources on the net to find out where these cars live mate!
i wouldnt recommend it!
and ill think youll find that 99% of the peeps on here that post up pics of the cars have there number plates blanked out for this very reason!
up to you, but IMHO, your aking a slightly greater risk by showing the whole world your number plate!
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

jimGTS wrote:yes but a FAIR FEW MORE peeps from around the country can have a nose at your car on the web!
and theres plenty of resources on the net to find out where these cars live mate!
i wouldnt recommend it!
and ill think youll find that 99% of the peeps on here that post up pics of the cars have there number plates blanked out for this very reason!
up to you, but IMHO, your aking a slightly greater risk by showing the whole world your number plate!

I've never heard this sort of thing happening before, and would love to know how to search for someone's address based on their numberplate.

The main thing to remember is that despite the fact that we all love our MR2s to bits, they're not exactly massive targets for clued-up and net-savvy car thieves, so anyone who has the knowledge to track down someone's car by their numberplate is going to go for a far better and/or newer car. If I owned something like a real TRD2000 or something similar, I might consider photoshopping the plate....but for a 10+ year old car....? :wink:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Nige wrote:
jimGTS wrote:yes but a FAIR FEW MORE peeps from around the country can have a nose at your car on the web!
i wouldnt recommend it!

I've never heard this sort of thing happening before, and would love to know how to search for someone's address based on their numberplate.

The main thing to remember is that despite the fact that we all love our MR2s to bits, they're not exactly massive targets for clued-up and net-savvy car thieves, so anyone who has the knowledge to track down someone's car by their numberplate is going to go for a far better and/or newer car. If I owned something like a real TRD2000 or something similar, I might consider photoshopping the plate....but for a 10+ year old car....? :wink:

i agree maybe a 10 year old car wouldnt be a target, but what if someone liked some parts off there mr2, ie, lenses, rear lexus lights, wheels, the list goes on, stuff that are easy to steal. im not saying i know how to track down peeps homes by the number plate, but im sure its possible. surely by spending two seconds in photoshop to cover your plates is surely worth the hassle dont you think?? and your minimising your chances of something like this happening.
DeSoLaToR

Post by DeSoLaToR »

to be fair though, no disrespect intended.....most of us have our location written in our profile...so if some would be theif wanted to track you down and nick parts from yer baby, im sure he'd just go to that location and look around for a car identical to the description uve also provided him with!!!
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

DeSoLaToR wrote:to be fair though, no disrespect intended.....most of us have our location written in our profile...so if some would be theif wanted to track you down and nick parts from yer baby, im sure he'd just go to that location and look around for a car identical to the description uve also provided him with!!!

most people only put down a town or city, some even just there county. cant see anyone finding out where the car lives "except" if they had a number plate to go by.
of course unless the theif went to every house in the town/city to try and find it, lol.
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Woohooo, BB has sure sparked some contraversy eh? :lol:
MikeR2

Post by MikeR2 »

Goddamn, this car is beautiful.

Now all you need is some '94+ taillights.. :D

Return to “Member Profiles”