Set up a how to section like on the old site

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

lower

Set up a how to section like on the old site

Post by lower »

Is this possible?
poyntesm

Re: Set up a how to section like on the old site

Post by poyntesm »

Yes. We are working on it. The knowledge base that we will be using with our new portal will contain this info.
lower

Post by lower »

in the mean time would it be worth setting up a how to thread section that people can post their how to's in. any questions would be answered on the same thread and would be useful reference for people with the same problems in the future?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

lower wrote:in the mean time would it be worth setting up a how to thread section that people can post their how to's in. any questions would be answered on the same thread and would be useful reference for people with the same problems in the future?

I will ask the other admins what they think. Ben is working on this side of the site so he has the best idea when it will be ready.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

If you've got How to's you want to post up, certainly do put them up online in the relevant section (Mechanical / Electrical etc ) - as a short term fix we can make them stickies.

Longer term, as Edmond says there is a knowledgebase planned which will be integrated into the Portal will will allow people to contribute their How To's - this will be fully searchable too.
lower

Post by lower »

not so useful for me long term as i no longer have an mr2, but i have posted a how to on replacing the heater hoses on top of the fuel tank in the mechanical section. i just wanted to make sure that the help won't be lost.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”