Game over man, game over

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Marf

Game over man, game over

Post by Marf »

2 weeks to go till Aliens: Colonial Marines is released!

Can't wait!

Secure that sh-t Hudson!
thai boxer

Re: Game over man, game over

Post by thai boxer »

Marf wrote:2 weeks to go till Aliens: Colonial Marines is released!

Can't wait!

Secure that sh-t Hudson!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Pre-ordered the special edition last week!

I played it at Eurogamer last year and it was excellent! Just hope the main campaign is done well, long enough and not too scripted!

Some excellent multiplayer modes though! 8) :twisted: :twisted:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Got a text from a mate this morning, he's already received his XBox pre-order the lucky xxxxxx.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Marf wrote:Got a text from a mate this morning, he's already received his XBox pre-order the lucky xxxxxx.

Nice and early!

Mine is arriving tomorrow. Very mixed reviews so far online....... :pale: .......haters will always hate so ignore most of their trolling ridiculous comments but its getting average to fair reviews, 7/10, 8/10 etc.

Just really hoping Gearbox have done the Alien franchise justice! :pray:
Marf

Post by Marf »

Got a text from said mate at 10pm last night informing me he'd finished the single player campaign already. :neutral:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Marf wrote:Got a text from said mate at 10pm last night informing me he'd finished the single player campaign already. :neutral:

....how long did I take him and on what difficultly though? Its not going to be a 20+ hour game thats obvious and even if it is short as long as its damn playable and enjoyable it doesn't really matter to much.

Always online multiplayer too. I played the Aliens VS Marines multiplayer in London last year and thought it was excellent. :thumleft:
Marf

Post by Marf »

Not sure what difficulty he was playing, I'll play on hard to make it last as long as possible!
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Marf wrote:Not sure what difficulty he was playing, I'll play on hard to make it last as long as possible!

The only way to play games mate! :thumleft:
Marf

Post by Marf »

agreed!
Joey

Post by Joey »

oh dear.... http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/ ... -pc-review

Aliens: Colonial Marines presents a fairly convincing facade but its thrills are forced and entirely superficial. You don’t ever feel like you’re actually in danger. You don't ever feel overwhelmed. In fact, over the course of its six hour campaign the game never gets even remotely close to replicating the genuine feelings of fear and dread that simmer throughout James Cameron’s cinematic classic, simply because its xenomorphic enemies are so mindless. These aliens aren’t sophisticated human hunters, they’re merely acid-fuelled fodder for the seemingly neverending rounds in your pulse rifle. Consequently, Colonial Marines is for the most part a disappointingly mundane, run ‘n’ gun first-person shooter that fails to captivate once the initial rush of nostalgia has worn off. At its worst, it's simply feels unfinished - which is a surprise given how long it's been in development.

The problem lies with the aliens themselves; they’re not smart enough to hunt in packs or take you by surprise, they just wilfully hurl themselves in front of your short, controlled bursts. There’s never a feeling of being outwitted or outmanoeuvred, just outraged that you’ve sat down to take on some deadly xenos in one of sci-fi’s most iconic settings and somehow ended up in the equivalent of a clunky, coin-operated shooting gallery. It certainly doesn’t help that the game also bucks contemporary shooter convention by allowing you to carry all of your weapons at once - a darkened corridor full of xenos doesn’t seem particularly intimidating when you’ve got five kinds of assault rifle stuck down your pants and a shotgun up each sleeve.
These shotguns are noticeably overpowered, by the way, and even when faced with the Weyland-Yutani soldiers who at least have a basic sense of self preservation and tend to hide behind cover, you can still easily take them out from a room’s length away with your seemingly rangeless super shotgun.

I'll not be rushing through Dead Space 3 to play this rubbish....which is a damn shame because i was really hoping this game would be good :(
Loque

Post by Loque »

xxxx Dead Space. In general. xxxx that xxxx.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

I am major dissapoint. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Utter sh*t! What the hell were these devs thinking!
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Cant believe just how sh*te this game is! The devs need taking outside and shooting! The only redeeming feature is the sound which to be fair is excellent, original sound clips and effects straight from the movie. Everything else......utter pap.

Graphics are absolutely terrible, loads of screen tearing and pop up, textures are unbelievablely poor, truely shocking for this type of game charging £45 to play it, really does look extremely dated. Some sections of the level design arnt even there, fading walls, missing floors etc...terrible! Seen far better graphics in XBL arcade games and this is supposed to be AAA game.....10 years in the making!

The movment is also terrible and plays like a bad Serious Sam game. Running feels like youre wearing a nappie and moving through treacle! Has no sense of speed at all. Colision detection is crap and movement in general is completely off.

Gearbox supposedly worked on the multiplayer and gave the main campaign to another developer Timehead. Havent tried the multiplayer yet in the finished game but what I played of it last year was very good.

Im a huge Aliens fan and did have high expectations from this game, unfortunately all the reviews out there giving it 3/10, 4/10 are totally justified which is a massive massive shame.

Do not waste your money on this guys, at least wait until its £10-15 and then try it. I paid £10 for it and im p*ssed I paid that so far anyway.

Massive disappointment so far.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Agreed.

One thing that got my goat from the off is the sound of the Pulse Rifles, it's authentic, but not loud enough.

When I'm unloading one of these beasty guns, why is it so quiet? I can hear environment noise over the sound of the gun.

Stupid.

MP is better than campaign, but the Aliens die too easily, yes they spawn faster than Marines, but not fast enough to balance out how easy it is to die.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Yeah agreed mate, sounds great but not loud enough. Shot gun is also waaaaaay over powered and the Aliens themselves are pathetic! In the films they are these unbelievably deadly creatures that slaughter everything in seconds.....in this game you have have a wrestle with them, smack them away and then lay on the floor and shoot them with your hand gun! Unbelievable.....and I'm playing it on the hardest setting.

This game could....no SHOULD have been absolutely amazing. Why and how do they FUBAR every aliens game other than AVP on the atari jaguar and pc!
Marf

Post by Marf »

I'm getting pretty disillusioned with gaming lately.

Loved Crysis, Crysis2 sucked.

The mass effect trilogy was basically ruined by the shitty ending

Duke Nukem was a pile of unmitigated horse manure and now this. :roll:

The only decent game(though flawed) I've played recently was Deus Ex Human Revolution, despite the push button endings.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

I have been off gaming for getting on a year and was really looking foward to this game.

:evil:

WTF, they have so dropped the ball here what could of been one of the best games is just pap.

I stuck it on hard to make it last and never even died till I got shot with a cannon (read shot gun from the other side of the poxy room) in the battle before you reach the bridge.

I will complete it and go online but just so dissapointed.

Chris
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Oh its sucks major horse c*ck thats for sure. Im astounded just how crap it looks, the level of detail is so so poor. Would've looked average about 7 years ago but with so many other games out there that look incredible this just looks utter cack.

There are so many excellent games out there and that just makes this look, feel and play even worse.

This game could of and should of been amazing.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

I'm wondering if someone should raise a legal case against them to get all our money back :lol:

Some thing like not fit for purpose in the sale of goods act cause its way falsely advertised also.

Chris
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)

Return to “Games Consoles”