She's back!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Essex MR2

She's back!

Post by Essex MR2 »

I posted on here when first bought my tubby and had an accident only hours after picking it up and before I even got home! ](*,)

After 3 months of repairs, it's back together and straight again. I've still got a few niggly problems like the slow water leak (gonna just bypass the heater for now!) but at least it's back on the road.

Took it out for the first proper run last night after fitting my Apexi intake kit. Found all my favourite local roads, which were all pretty dead, taking it carefully round the bends, and as the evening went on and I gained confidence in the car again, it was unbelievable.

The car seems so responsive and just wants to rev. Let it go and the sound is great, was out for about 2 hours and loved every single minute of it.......

now where's my keys I've gotta have another go. Now officially a tubby addict. :mrgreen: Bring on the rest of the mods! \:D/
Dale_V

Re: She's back!

Post by Dale_V »

:mrgreen: Glad you're enjoying her again, sounds like you had a fun time 8)
Essex MR2

Post by Essex MR2 »

Oh yes. And still loving it (Sorry to sound like a McDonalds add!).

Got the modding bug bad now though! :roll:
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

I thought my luck was bad having owned my car for a few weeks before the single brain celled organism (van driver) pulled out in front of me and damaged my car but a few hours ....poor you...lol. Glad you got it back matey. Enjoy. :D

Return to “Driving Experiences”