Centre caps and alloys...

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rev2_mike

Centre caps and alloys...

Post by Rev2_mike »

Hi all!! Just a quick question: Ive got a set of rays te37's, but they came without centrecaps so ive been running around without them for the last couple of months. Question is; am i going to be doing ANY sort of damage to anything by doing that? What im getting at is any corrosion type disasterous expensive things - had enough of the garage recently! 8)
Jimbob

Re: Centre caps and alloys...

Post by Jimbob »

my wheels came in in a similar state.

Just make sure you get excess water out and keep the salt off this time of year.

should be fine though
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

A very quick fix that can work, if your centre cap is roughly the same size!

Head down to your local pub, ask for a few caps off the beer kegs, spray them silver, and voilla!!!

Cheap and works for as long as you want, or until you find the proper caps, usually £25 each!!
John Rees

Post by John Rees »

Hi, I have volk se37k on my 97 turbo

I don't have caps on my wheels, the thing volk charge extra for the caps, as most Japs use them for the track they don't bother.

You can get them, they're machined billet, although I don't like them much.

John
reggie

Post by reggie »

Leaving the caps off your car for a prolonged eriod of time will cause the end thread to corrode. Though this in itself is not an issue, if you have to do some work in that area (eg, change a wheel bearing) this could cause a problem not only getting the various bits off but more importantly, putting them back on again. If you have to replace this thread, it's a new drive shaft which is probably a couple of hundred quid or so.
Gav_sw20

Post by Gav_sw20 »

You can get them from Js-Garage - do a Google search as my m,ate got 4 last yeah. Cost about £100 delivered I think.

Either that or try Taka.

Regards - Gav.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”