Decatting

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

FizzyBlueMr2

Decatting

Post by FizzyBlueMr2 »

Not too sure you could call this a "driving experience", but its an experience to say the least!

Work mate has a nicely modded rev 4 tubby, body kit etc.

He started the car up this morning, and there was a horrible screeching from the engine bay.

He went to have a look, opened the engine cover - to find a cat in there!! It was sitting on the gearbox/ in the distributer area.

He tried shooing it away - wouldn't budge. He had one arm holding up the engine cover, and lent over to get the cat out with the other...

...and it promptly bit into his hand, hard enough that it may have damaged a bone in his finger? He backed off (with cat still attached) and it then proceeded to scratch the hell out of his arms with its back legs. :x :(

He finally managed to get it off, and it went for an impromptu flight for a little while into the distance. :twisted:

I saw the results this morning - nasty! His arm was in a sling too. He has even had to go home this afternoon 'cos of the pain, swelling and his hand is feeling hot. :( Nasty things cat cuts/scratches, they hurt like hell!

Had a bit of a laugh (as it gives a whole new meaning to the term "decatting" an mr2!! ;) ) but I don't thing it was that pleasant an experience for my colleague. :|

So, Gareth if you're reading this - hope it all gets better soon, and hope it doesn't effect your enjoyment of the mr2!! :P
BLOODUK

Re: Decatting

Post by BLOODUK »

Damn cat if it tried to bite me id start the car up, and roast it out the engine bay while prodding it with a large stick..

/me hates cats
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

The big question.... Did he gain any BHP when he took it out? :D

sounds nasty :shock:
FizzyBlueMr2

Post by FizzyBlueMr2 »

Well he did gain some Blindingly Hateful Pets possibly? - or maybe some extra Bl00dy Horrible Pain... ? :?:

8-[
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

one time a cat attacked me under a different situation, back when i used to deliver milk when i was in college (eeeeeasy money) went up a path popped the milk down and as i walked back up the path this black "thing" lept screaming from the bushes and bit into my leg and started scratching the heck out of me, i grabbed the little xxxxxx round the neck and picked it up, at that point it swung forward and scratched my face, so i put my other hand around its neck and squeezed the fecker till it got my point and passed out, funny how they let go when your sqeezing the life out the bastards

after it passed out i just left it on the path and went to go get a first aid kit, no idea if it was dead or not

never used to mind cats till that incident, now..... i cant stand em!
Joey

Post by Joey »

Personally i'd have just started the car and if it didn't move tough, one roasted cat and a trip to the car wash to power hose the remains off the engine :twisted:
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Joey wrote:Personally i'd have just started the car and if it didn't move tough, one roasted cat and a trip to the car wash to power hose the remains off the engine :twisted:

lol :lol:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

BLOODUK wrote:Damn cat if it tried to bite me id start the car up, and roast it out the engine bay

Joey wrote:Personally i'd have just started the car and if it didn't move tough, one roasted cat :twisted:

We think alike

=D>
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

geeeesh - pussies - you lot not the cats - "oooh it bit me ... oooh it scratched me" - like a bunch of little girls - and if anyone strangled my cat i'd feed that person his own eyes for lunch. :cyclops:

but yer all still little girls ... muhahahaha
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

splash2 wrote:geeeesh - pussies - you lot not the cats - "oooh it bit me ... oooh it scratched me" - like a bunch of little girls - and if anyone strangled my cat i'd feed that person his own eyes for lunch. :cyclops:

but yer all still little girls ... muhahahaha

Drug abuse is bad hmmmmK
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

drug abuse is bad .. now drug misuse ... that's a diffrent story :)
summ0004

Post by summ0004 »

id toast the little basterd too! :twisted:
W0mbat

Post by W0mbat »

poor ickle kitty pudding what a nasty man to disturb your royal snooze in the car.

poor thing might now have jaw ache after all that necessary biting.

you Go-Cat! cats rool. yum.
FizzyBlueMr2

Post by FizzyBlueMr2 »

Hmm...

just been speaking to the guy, and he popped into hospital on friday, as his hand "swelled up like a balloon" :(

...they took one look at it, and admitted him! They had to put a drip of antibiotics into his other hand to get the swelling down, and were talking about operating on his hand as they think the tendon may be infected/damaged in his finger. :shock:

He was in over the weekend, and luckily the swelling went down, and they decided not operate then - but he still can't put his finger straight or bend it properly, so may need the op later. He's off for a check up/follow up again on friday..

Damned cats!! :evil:
jamief

Post by jamief »

Wasn't really the cats fault mate! Was just defending itself - the thing will have no compreshension of what was happening to it. Hope your mate is okay though :)

Return to “Driving Experiences”