Slow and DANGEROUS drivers

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

FizzyBlueMr2

Slow and DANGEROUS drivers

Post by FizzyBlueMr2 »

Was on a long trip to visit a mate a week or so ago, and came up behind a small car. It had three people in it, and the guy in the back looked somewhat tall and a bit squashed in...

...anyhow, it was trundling along at 30. Now, I don't mind slow drivers.....

...but that car was braking when coming to the brow of hills, braking when over the top, braking when coming to corners etc. Wandering over the road a little.....Braking when doing 30 and entering a 50 zone...

..braked quite hard as the driver and passengers decided to try and read a roundabout signpost...

Followed through a residential area and the driver never even flinched when the car in front pulled into a drive, and almost took the rear corner of the car off....

...and then on the other side of town, come up to a smallish roundabout, driver indicated right (I was going straight on), and just as they get around to the 2nd (straight on/my exit) the car pulls up sharpish almost stops and then indicates for my turnoff.....

..needless to say, as soon as there was a reasonable straight and no oncoming traffic, I overtook it, with a car right behind me as frustrated as I was.. ;)

As I said - I don't mind slow drivers (we don't all have fast cars or like driving up to the speedlimit ;) ) but I can't stand irrattic/dangerous driving like that. :(
Raf

Re: Slow and DANGEROUS drivers

Post by Raf »

they sound lost and out of town. But i agree with you on the braking malarkie.... lack of confidence & awareness!
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

The trick is to not get frustrated. Plan your overtake to make progress. if you get frustrated, you will then start to make silly and eratic moves.

Best trick I had for taking the stress (not that there is/should be any) out of driving was to own a Suzuki SJ413 jeep. It didn't go fast and i arrived nice and calm where ever I went!
FizzyBlueMr2

Post by FizzyBlueMr2 »

As it happens it was a nice sunny day, I had the sunroof out (and in the front boot), music on and in a "cruising" mood anyway, so was reasonably calm (well, up to the roundabout incident! ;) ). Hate to think what I would have been like if I was actually trying to get somewhere on time! Guess it would be a case of pull over, chill for a bit, and let them get to where they are going (or give them a really LONG lead.. ;) ).

A couple of days later on the way back, a white evo came up behind me, with a nice women driving it. (I just tend to see a lot of boy racers around my area!). As soon as there was a little straight, she shot past. I don't think it was standard - it sounded like a jet engine when it went past - rather than the usual engine/exhaust note... ;)

Was impressive though, especially as once again I had my sunroof out, windows open etc. ;)
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

I followed some numpty in an old renault espace last night, they were driving so slowly that we were actually doing 5mph in a 30 for most of the time, I mean how slow do you need to go to go around a roundabout.... there was a large queue of traffic behind me cos of it. and the driver was completely oblivious, I don't think she looked in her mirrors once.... ](*,)
Alex_Dunn

Post by Alex_Dunn »

i had this last night some old people driving way to slow so i over took them on a roundabout (was 1:00am and 2 lane roundabout) so all good but i feel so guilty coz i know they are saying tut so impatient!
nikaso

Post by nikaso »

I had a traffic cop do that to me on a roundabout at 3AM the other day, no lights or anything but hey, I chased him down the hill! :twisted:

Return to “Driving Experiences”