alarm trouble help

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nbear69

alarm trouble help

Post by nbear69 »

Have had a laserline alarm fitted to keep the insurance company happy, now have nothing but trouble.

Come to car after been standing for a while and it just doesn;t crank for about ten mins, as if it is electrically immobilised. Then just starts as normal.

Been back to alarm place four times. Lats time they told me my starter relay had gone. Forked out 50 quid for a new one, they gave me it back minus immobilisers to confirm it was working which it was. went back yesterday refitted the immobiliser and guess what same problem again!!

Does anyone know what could be causing this cos it would seem they haven't got a bloody clue. Also feel like i've just paid 55 quid for a new starter relay i didn't need.

Going slightly up the wall please help!!!!!!!!1
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Re: alarm trouble help

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

well if it bu88ered when putting the immob back in the the immob is dodgy if you ask me.

take it back till it works again otherwise you could do them for selling a product that doesn't work as it should!

this is why i drove all the way to stevenage to get dan to fit my alarm, didn't want a bodge job.
hope you get it sorted mate!
Alex_Dunn

Post by Alex_Dunn »

chris mate where did you get the alarm fitted i only suggest you go to decibels in basildon www.decibels.co.uk, go se either carl lewis or ben say alex with the mr2 sent ya and tell em ya problem and they will look after ya as they deal with laser line products and dont give you the usual "o er it could be your starter motor er yea buy a new one then come back er... yea" decibels is on 01277 633833 they do a lot of work on my mr2 botrh mk1 and 2 and the quality of work there is amazing!!
Alex_Dunn

Post by Alex_Dunn »

oops soz chris thought that was your prob forgot you had a lea. but there is advice if you live in the essex area.
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

Alex_Dunn wrote:oops soz chris thought that was your prob forgot you had a lea. but there is advice if you live in the essex area.

he na not my prob alex!

got some cash off for the remote start not working but a new battery sorted it! but balanced out as the new battery cost me about 50 notes :(

Return to “ICE and Security”