QX Components ltd Recon alts/starters,Manchester

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JOHNM400

QX Components ltd Recon alts/starters,Manchester

Post by JOHNM400 »

The worst customer service in the world and completely unknowledgable about their products.

First alternator they sent was too big and wouldnt fit the bracket. They argued there was only one size which we all know there isnt then came back with what they said was the right one. The next one they sent was the right dimesions for the mounting bolts but the unit was smaller,only 60 amps and the pulley was a 5 rib instead of 4. After telling them the 2nd one was wrong they became really unhelpful saying that an MR2 had nothing fancy on it electrical wise and the 60 amp alt would do. I then told them the pulley was 5 rib instead of 4 and his answer was just fit the belt it will be ok! I have seen first hand the effects of fitting too small a belt on too big a pulley and within a week or so it shreds the belt up as it jumps across the ribs.

We got into a bit of an argument about it and then he said i didnt know what i was doing and that the first alternator that was bigger was the right one and MR2 owners prefer to fit the bigger one (contradiction?). I then asked him how could they possibly prefer to fit the bigger Alt when it doesnt fit the bracket to which he replied change the bracket. Whilst thats an option if i wanted to go to scrapyards trying to find a bigger bracket id of saved money and gone there for a 2nd hand alternator! I wanted an alt asap without the hassle of scrapyards.

I then told him of Camskill website that has all the pictures of the different alternators if he didnt believe me they where different and he suggested why dont i just go get one off them then. Well i would of done if id known i was going to get so much hassle and now times running out and i deffo need the car tomorrow so thats out of the question now.

Anyway,im getting a refund back from QX components and my local motor factor is getting me what he says is a genuine Japanese brand new unit at cost price as he has a mate who works somewhere where they distribute them or something.

Just thought i should warn everybody that QX components have no idea when it comes to MR2's and stay clear of their products.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Re: QX Components ltd Recon alts/starters,Manchester

Post by Scott Barton »

:shock:
Blimey....sounds like a right bunch of cowboys!

Return to “Trader Feedback”