MR2 Chat Room

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

redeye32uk

Re: MR2 Chat Room

Post by redeye32uk »

BenF wrote: and we have some good news on an IMOC insurance scheme...

Now this is good news =D> and something thats been mooted often in the past but never happened, i'd be happy to pay a touch more than i do now just to have a club scheme that helpped everyone......
450wbhp comming soon
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

redeye32uk wrote:
BenF wrote: and we have some good news on an IMOC insurance scheme...

Now this is good news =D> and something thats been mooted often in the past but never happened, i'd be happy to pay a touch more than i do now just to have a club scheme that helpped everyone......

Yeah, we've been talking to different insurance companies now on and off for over 18 months trying to find someone who would be able to cover Imports, Modifications, young drivers - its not been easy finding someone who wanted to work with us.

For the record - IMOC doesn't recieve any money as a result of the arrangement - basically it all goes into a 10% discount from the insurer's (usually very competitive) rates. Certainly the quote they've given me for the Roadster Turbo project car beat the best premium I was quoted anywhere else by £200 and someone else has just used them and saved £600.

Details will follow shortly, but we'll probably tie its announcement with the launch of the Garage and other new stuff.

If anyone is desparate for a quote in advance of this, PM me and I'll pass the details on.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

quigonjay wrote:
BLOODUK wrote:Hows the chat thing coming along?? would be great because we can talk in real time rather than wait for replies

i think this must be the only negative thing about having a chat room - stuff will get discussed, knowledge exchanged but anyone who is not in the chatroom at the time will miss out :?
Jay

I dont think people will use the board due to this, and like you say stuff will be missed........i will be happy to monitor it though O:)
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

We really need a chat thing even if its on during the day, because i hate having to post problems on the forum get no replies until late evening when its too late to do anything about the car!
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

I'm happy to help out and monitor an irc style chat channel... I'm online 90% of the time on the forums as it is...

I ran a support channel on quakenet for my web hosting company, and at one point we even ran our own IRC server... so gimme a shout if u need a chat room moderator :mrgreen:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Come on guys whats happening :p
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Effort is going into the Premium membership, Portal design, layout and implementation at the moment.

I'll have a hack about with the Chat feature this weekend on the test site.

IF:

1. Its fairly quick/simple to do
2. It doesn't break anything else

Then we'll roll it out to the main IMOC site ;)
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

We've kindof started an unofficial chat room up on quakenet... its similar setup to what the OC use... if you are intrested read...

.... http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8888

the web client I setup is currently @ http://goldy.biz/irc/ it shouldn't be too hard to put it on the imoc site if you wanted to use it...

Return to “Club News and Announcements”