Good service + price for tyres in S.wales

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

4age

Good service + price for tyres in S.wales

Post by 4age »

Last Friday I had two new front tyres on my mk1, good year eagle f1's 195/50/15. I bought them from Celtic tyres in Bridgend and it cost me £94.70 for the two with fitting balancing and new valves.I rang up the day before as the tyres weren't in stock and they ordered them in for me for the next day.
They were really careful with the rims when changing the tyres.
Just thought id let you all know as I thought it was a really good price!
P.s I don't work for them and I'm not affiliated with them in anyway just hope it helps someone out thats all!!
dai21t

Re: Good service + price for tyres in S.wales

Post by dai21t »

£37 each on mytyres.
4age

Post by 4age »

I did actually look at mytyre website first, but what you fail to mention is that the price of £37 you qoute EXCLUDES fitting, balancing and new valve!!
The cheapest fitting at any of the mytyre fitting stations is £11.75 per tyre so add that all up and two tyres from mytyre with fitting would come to £98.30 some £4 more!!
So overall Celtic tyres would still work out cheaper and plus the fitters loved my car so I'm happy!! :D
dai21t

Post by dai21t »

I always buy online, as with my brother we have bought a tyre fitting machine, balancer and 4 wheel alignment setup, had a load of stick on weights off a friend in the trade so now fitting etc costs me nothing. Would rather do work on our cars ourselves rather than paying people to do things.
4age

Post by 4age »

Well I defiantly agree doing things yourself is cheaper and better and I always do the mechanical stuff myself, but for me personally buying tyre fitting equipment is cost prohibitive as I only do a few thousand miles a year so luckily a set of tyres lasts me a couple of years!

Return to “Trader Feedback”