Pitcher's MR2

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Pitcher

Pitcher's MR2

Post by Pitcher »

Here is my 1990 MR2 G-Limited T-bar, I have owned it for just over a year now, It is a great car but i just bought a house and can no longer aford the insurance, it is currently beening stored in my garage. :cry:

Does any one want to make me an offer? Not sure what its worth, does around £2K sound right?

Modifications:

Apexi Power Flow Intake from Japan
Full stainless steel Mongoose exhaust and de-cat (Catalytic Converter removed)
15" 6 Spoke stilauto Alloys
Copper Contact Distributor Cap
NGK Spark Plugs

Last rolling road at 167bhp

Sound System:

Clarion CD Player
JBL 5"1/4 Front Speakers
5"1/2 Rear Speakers
Sidewinder

Re: Pitcher's MR2

Post by Sidewinder »

Pitcher wrote:It is a great car but i just bought a house and can no longer aford the insurance, it is currently beening stored in my garage. :cry:

Bloody shame - I'm in the same boat (if that makes you feel any happier!) after I lost my job earlier this month. I'll get her on the road again as soon as I can afford to. :(

£2000 seems a bit cheap, espeically considering that the bodywork on your car looks excellent.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by shafster »

price seems about right considering you can pick up equivalent turbo's for about £500 more.
craig

Post by craig »

seems a bit cheap mate!

looks stunning. I'd say £3k or there abouts! :)

HTH
Pitcher

Post by Pitcher »

Thanks for the comments, I tried to sell it for £2.5k before christmas but had no interested, guess it was the wrong time to sell a car. will try again in a few months.

I really want a turbo but cant aford one :(

will have to stick with the Golf mk2 8v Gti i am currently driving.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Don't get too disheartened. I've sold dozens of cars over the years (and I'm not a trader! :) ), and there doesn't appear to be a pattern in the car market apart from the usual rise in sales of soft-tops in the summer and stuff.

I've had cars up on Autotrader for weeks and weeks, and not had a single phone call...then suddenly as you're about to give up on the whole idea the phone starts rining off the hook. Weird.

Bear in mind that any money people have before Christmas will be allocated to getting presents and stuff; and not for cars, so give it another go in a month or so.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Return to “Member Profiles”