Nob of the week

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Azz

Nob of the week

Post by Azz »

Driving home on Saturday night and as I go down a street to turn left on a main road I see 2 toddlers leaning on the front of what looks to be there dads Astra, so I turn left and head towards a hump bridge about 100m down the road, and a BMW is turning left onto the same road so I let him out and as he is half way out a white MR2 fly's over the hill at about 60Mph (30 zone) and sees the BMW and he seemed to wiggle the back end as he came down the hill as he never let off the accelerator, if that BMW had been turning right there would have been a massive accident, and all he had to do was loose the back end, and it is easily done on a Tubby in the wet, and the car that the toddlers were stood in front of was directly in line. Did he slow down NO, I would normally turn a blind eye to stupid driving if it was a MR2 but that annoyed me, He could of hit the BMW which would of took me out completely, or lost it and could slide into the Astra crippling the 2 kids!!! and he must of hit about 80MPH up the rest of the road, :thumbdown:

White MR2 Possibly a tubby, on Ainsworth road in Radcliffe, think it could have been a J Reg

So you are nob of the week :thumright:
shafster

Re: Nob of the week

Post by shafster »

second that, i have seen quite a few mr2 knobs in my time too. there was one with an na in basingstoke a little while back who always tried to race me knowing full well that i would paste him, did this stop him??? NO!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Hi guys

I'm just shifting this to 'driving experiences' as I feel its worthy of inclusion to educate some of our more 'gas happy' members!

T
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

kinda nice that its a "could've hit" rather than a "did hit" - that would of been much worse. but i think most ppl on this forum don't drive like that, and i'm including the "driving experiences" in that. Hopefully whoever was driving the 2 realised that it was nearly a nasty incident and will use that knowledge in the future to temper their driving around there.
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

Report to the police with the details you have mate....someone else may have done so. Im not one for grassing on people but until this person is educated in the Highway code and how to drive then close misses will become reality. :(
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

stevenb wrote:Report to the police with the details you have mate....someone else may have done so. Im not one for grassing on people but until this person is educated in the Highway code and how to drive then close misses will become reality. :(

Yep, last Friday coming back from the NEC this guy jumped the lights and overtook us, then we caught him up and the guy is all over the road on his mobile. So we move to overtake he swerves out to block us then accelerates and starts gesturing etc. We get to the next set of lights and he opens his car door in a threat to get out. Mark called the police and said that he thought the driver was probably drunk and relayed all the details to the police. Jam as to whether the guy got stopped or not (police said they'd send a traffic car) but it was worth a go.
foxdie

Post by foxdie »

There are some mr2 knobs around: asian guy in a black N/A on national speed limit dual/c was in left lane, i was in over taking lane about 50 yards back both aproaching red traffic lights, i begin braking for the lights, they turned green so speed up again. black mr2, gets stuck in traffic and makes drastic over take mounever into my lane, i slam on me brakes and spend the next 100 yards stuck up his ass flying him the bird, til i got bored and shot off.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

foxdie wrote:There are some mr2 knobs around: asian guy in a black N/A...

...and spend the next 100 yards stuck up his ass flying him the bird, til i got bored and shot off.

One in a black NA, one in a Steel Mist Grey Turbo ? #-o [-X =; :wink:
foxdie

Post by foxdie »

let me bit a bit more accurate then:

i slam on me brakes and spend the next 100 yards stuck up his ass becuase the traffic we we're both stuff in as the dual carriage way turned into a single lane flying him the bird as i was bumper to bumper in traffic, til i got bored and shot off down a short cut i knew to avoid waiting in any more traffic, plus i ran outta hand gestures.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

foxdie wrote:becuase the traffic

That makes a difference, you are excused :D

Reminds me actually of a guy on mr2oc that had his car written off as he tried to avoid someone pulling out without looking as he was overtaking :cry:

Return to “Driving Experiences”