mr turbo vs db7!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great driving
5%
Just having a laugh
11%
Stupid
11%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
74%

Total votes: 57

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: mr turbo vs db7!

Post by Lauren »

The Morris wrote:im not ashamed to say i would of done it. Drive sensibly when needed, have fun when you can

Is it not possible then, to drive sensibly and have fun?
foxdie

Post by foxdie »

"Enjoying the t-bar" means to me it was sunny, therefore day time, complete with commuters and fellow willys enjoying a sunday drive. far too many hazards.

But i must admitt, i have pushed my motor to those speeds, as with many other here that are too scared to admitt it becuase of abuse this guys getting, but it was 2 ' o clock in the moring, i wasn't tired, i knew the m'way verywell (Every bump and location of all the lose gravel) and i hadn't passed a car for many junctions. Doesn't mean i condone it, but if its done as safely as doubling the speed limit can, and your endangering no-one but yourself i cant see the problem. doesn't mean you need to come on here and tell everyone about it.

Theres that news report a few months ago about that copper in his NSX that got stopped doing 149mph, the case got thrown outta court becuase he was doing it in a car capable of achieving this speed safely and that he was a trained driver.

We all own a sports car, and if your out enjoying the performance that comes with it then i cant see how you can stick within the speedlimit. obviously 160mph is a bit a excesive and the way this guy did it wasn't safe, and not worth bragging about.

If you own a sport cars so you look good and stick to the speed limit everywhere, and never let your car breathe, or push it at all then i think that matts smilie pretty much discribes you, and u might aswell sell up and buy a mx5 or something:

BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

foxdie lol at smily =D>
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

foxdie wrote:"Enjoying the t-bar" means to me it was sunny, therefore day time, complete with commuters and fellow willys enjoying a sunday drive. far too many hazards.

But i must admitt, i have pushed my motor to those speeds, as with many other here that are too scared to admitt it becuase of abuse this guys getting, but it was 2 ' o clock in the moring, i wasn't tired, i knew the m'way verywell (Every bump and location of all the lose gravel) and i hadn't passed a car for many junctions. Doesn't mean i condone it, but if its done as safely as doubling the speed limit can, and your endangering no-one but yourself i cant see the problem. doesn't mean you need to come on here and tell everyone about it.

Theres that news report a few months ago about that copper in his NSX that got stopped doing 149mph, the case got thrown outta court becuase he was doing it in a car capable of achieving this speed safely and that he was a trained driver.

We all own a sports car, and if your out enjoying the performance that comes with it then i cant see how you can stick within the speedlimit. obviously 160mph is a bit a excesive and the way this guy did it wasn't safe, and not worth bragging about.

If you own a sport cars so you look good and stick to the speed limit everywhere, and never let your car breathe, or push it at all then i think that matts smilie pretty much discribes you, and u might aswell sell up and buy a mx5 or something:

Its not a case of being scared to admit it, i too have done 140mph (GPS) before on a motorway, but i'm not overly proud of it. Besides its pretty boring tbh just to max a car out and relatively pointless too.

I can honestly say that i haven't taken my current car over 100mph on the road.

If you want to go fast proper, do trackdays, 'racing' up and down dual carriageways is for muppets. If you are a straightline junkie do drag racing. If you are interested in learning car control and seeing what you car can really do, do trackdays.

I purposely went from an SC to an NA to have a slower car that would help me not go bonkers on the public road and to a degree its worked. Also i realised that power isn't everything anyway, handling balance is far more important in my eyes.
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

my car still has the limiter, but ive only hit it 3 times. Chance to pit yourself against a db7 doesnt come along very often, so if the road is clear why not.

If you want to stick to the speed limit, why the hell do you drive a turbo, get a N/A of a focus.
Raf

Post by Raf »

The Morris wrote:
If you want to stick to the speed limit, why the hell do you drive a turbo, get a N/A of a focus.

I dont think people are saying that they constantly stick to speed limits; you cant in a car like this.... but come on mate 159mph in an MR2 isnt safe no matter how safe the road is!

The Morris

Post by The Morris »

Raf wrote:
The Morris wrote:

I dont think people are saying that they constantly stick to speed limits; you cant in a car like this.... but come on mate 159mph in an MR2 isnt safe no matter how safe the road is!

No it isnt safe and if i was to do 159 racing a DB7 i would only stay there for a brief moment and the drop down below 100, but its a shame not to pit yourself against one when you get a chance
EarL

Post by EarL »

This thread is getting so repetitive...

He's done the deed and feels no remorse no matter what you say. Leave it. For gawd's sake. :evil:
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
Rogue_zero

Post by Rogue_zero »

The Morris wrote:
Raf wrote:
The Morris wrote:

No it isnt safe and if i was to do 159 racing a DB7 i would only stay there for a brief moment and the drop down below 100, but its a shame not to pit yourself against one when you get a chance

how many miles would it take to go from 100 to 159 and back to 100? it might not take much time but your doing a mile every 30 secs at 120 so somewhere around 20 secs a mile at 159. thats a long way. your theoreticle short blip to 160 covered some distance!
Raf

Post by Raf »

Rogue_zero wrote:
The Morris wrote:
Raf wrote:

how many miles would it take to go from 100 to 159 and back to 100? it might not take much time but your doing a mile every 30 secs at 120 so somewhere around 20 secs a mile at 159. thats a long way. your theoreticle short blip to 160 covered some distance!

Exactly.... to get to that speed (assuming a Tubby can) its gona take some time- so say to get from 140- 160 isnt going to be a brief moment. I hear what you are saying about pitching your car against a DB7 and that it doesnt happen often but you can still pit yourself against it without taking your car as fast as it possibly can ever go. You can still get an idea of how your car compares and I'm sure the other dude in the supercar will also get a rough idea of how quick these 2's are. Its just the final speed is barmy for an MR2!....
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

Just had a race with an XKR. Neck and neck then i hit the speed limiter. How fast would of gone? I dont know, but if his limiter cuts in at 155, probably 156 and then backed down.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

The Morris wrote:Just had a race with an XKR. Neck and neck then i hit the speed limiter. How fast would of gone? I dont know, but if his limiter cuts in at 155, probably 156 and then backed down.

Sounds like its just as well you still have your speed limiter fitted.
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

Lauren wrote:
The Morris wrote:Just had a race with an XKR. Neck and neck then i hit the speed limiter. How fast would of gone? I dont know, but if his limiter cuts in at 155, probably 156 and then backed down.

Sounds like its just as well you still have your speed limiter fitted.

True. I am sensible, honest :clown:

Return to “Driving Experiences”