astra SRI! newish!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

astra SRI! newish!

Post by jimGTS »

had a lil play with one of these last night up a small stretch of a dualcarriage way!

he had come out of a roundabout a few car lengths before me, but when i pulled out and sped up the road and got near, i could see the puff of smoke as he went down a gear and gunned it, i was still only in 2nd doing 30, so thought, why not, so i gunned it to 60 in second and wipped the floor with him! i immediatly slowed down to legal speeds, and he went straight onto my bumper. apporaching another roundabout, he followed, and i immediatly gunned it in 2nd again and i was "miles" ahead. id proved my point, and pulled over to the slow lane still doing 60. he went past at 65 and had a good long stare at my motor (but not me), and then just slowly went away!
lol, put a smile on my face, bet its not that often he gets beat in his new SRI!

before voting, bare in mind, we didnt break the speed limit (well i didnt), and there were no other cars!
BLOODUK

Re: astra SRI! newish!

Post by BLOODUK »

jimGTS wrote:
before voting, bare in mind, we didnt break the speed limit (well i didnt), !

cough bs cough :lol: :lol:

Well done on owning that SRI , i wouldnt mind a play with that turbo version
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

BLOODUK wrote:
jimGTS wrote:
before voting, bare in mind, we didnt break the speed limit (well i didnt), !

cough bs cough :lol: :lol:

Well done on owning that SRI , i wouldnt mind a play with that turbo version

funny that, i got a small cough as well! :mrgreen:
i personally think the turbo model would be exactly the same as a standard rev1/2 tubby, once up to speed.

by the way, is it only the SRIs that have the small bodykit detailing?? ie, skirts, bigger wheels and small spoiler?
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Hmmm it seems the Turbos have 200bhp , not sure on the bodykit bud.. could be an extra
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

Hrms Mr2 Tubby Vs Vaux Sri.... fair I think you should have beaten him... now go back and do it in a 120bhp n/a \:D/
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Goldy wrote:Hrms Mr2 Tubby Vs Vaux Sri.... fair I think you should have beaten him... now go back and do it in a 120bhp n/a \:D/

oh i know i would have won either way, the post was really relating to the fact that when he pulled up beside me after the little dual, he had a long hard stare at my car! you gota love the mr2!
pretty sure an SRI would beat the 120na mr2. lighter, and more power, just!
Cliff

Stick

Post by Cliff »

Where's that stick option... :wink:

(Only kidding mate)

Return to “Driving Experiences”