Elise 111R vs MR2 turbo

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bry

Re: Elise 111R vs MR2 turbo

Post by Bry »

Lauren wrote:
Bry wrote:

One last time as you obviously have the memory of a goldfish,a standard MR2 is no match for an Elise but my particular car was more than a match for that particular Elise :lol: After experiencing the Lotus it got me thinking about what fun a Modded VX220 turbo might be :twisted:

Bry, you want to try the Blink S1/2 Elise with the CTR K20A engine and nitrons. 350bhp/tonne, its very impressive.

Now that would be fun ,I bet it sounds evil :twisted: I couldn't believe how great the Toyota engine sounded in the elise,it's made me contemplate buying an S2000 for the screaming engine note,but have heard mixed reports about the handling (not communicative enough?)so an Elise with a screaming Honda engine and 350bhp/tonne sounds like my kind of car,shame it probably costs the earth :(
Watch out OZ here I come !!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Bry wrote:
Lauren wrote:
Bry wrote:

One last time as you obviously have the memory of a goldfish,a standard MR2 is no match for an Elise but my particular car was more than a match for that particular Elise :lol: After experiencing the Lotus it got me thinking about what fun a Modded VX220 turbo might be :twisted:

Bry, you want to try the Blink S1/2 Elise with the CTR K20A engine and nitrons. 350bhp/tonne, its very impressive.

Now that would be fun ,I bet it sounds evil :twisted: I couldn't believe how great the Toyota engine sounded in the elise,it's made me contemplate buying an S2000 for the screaming engine note,but have heard mixed reports about the handling (not communicative enough?)so an Elise with a screaming Honda engine and 350bhp/tonne sounds like my kind of car,shame it probably costs the earth :(

Jonny at BaT has one, i drove it over to Spa/Zandvoort last summer, i also worked on doing the conversions last year too. The S1 weighs in at 768kg which is a good 200kg lighter than a 111R. I suppose it does sound good, but its how it goes that leaves a lasting impression. With a 6 speed box you aren't in any of the gears too long. SLJ stats= 0-60 in 4.5secs and 0-100 in 9.5.

0-100 vid uphill (melbourne loop) here:

http://www.jimbocam.com/blink/dash-cam-pip1.mpg

conversion costs 10K (incl some free trackdays) plus the cost of an elise (9-10k).
Bry

Post by Bry »

I'm still on 56k dial up so can't watch the vid :( So it would seem that when I replace my car,the Blink Elise would be attainable within a 20k budget.Is the engine the CTR or S2000?
Watch out OZ here I come !!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Bry wrote:I'm still on 56k dial up so can't watch the vid :( So it would seem that when I replace my car,the Blink Elise would be attainable within a 20k budget.Is the engine the CTR or S2000?

Yes it would.

Its the CTR engine and box. so 204bhp slightly more than the CTR because of the exhaust manifold (the primaries are a bit too short on the CTR).

Tis a hardcore car though. You'd want to be doing plenty of trackdays to get the most from it.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Lauren wrote:
Bry wrote:
Lauren wrote:

Jonny at BaT has one, i drove it over to Spa/Zandvoort last summer, i also worked on doing the conversions last year too. The S1 weighs in at 768kg which is a good 200kg lighter than a 111R. I suppose it does sound good, but its how it goes that leaves a lasting impression. With a 6 speed box you aren't in any of the gears too long. SLJ stats= 0-60 in 4.5secs and 0-100 in 9.5.

0-100 vid uphill (melbourne loop) here:

http://www.jimbocam.com/blink/dash-cam-pip1.mpg

conversion costs 10K (incl some free trackdays) plus the cost of an elise (9-10k).

Crikey the speedo can barely keep up with the acceleration!

I want one!!!!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Brian wrote:
Crikey the speedo can barely keep up with the acceleration!

I want one!!!!

I know! I had that car for a week for the euro trip. At the end of it I was glad to give it back as i feared for my licence.

Return to “Driving Experiences”