BMW 3.0TD ESTATE V MR2 TURBO

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great driving
5%
Just having a laugh
No votes
Stupid
45%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
50%

Total votes: 20

Paul R

Re: BMW 3.0TD ESTATE V MR2 TURBO

Post by Paul R »

BLOODUK wrote:MR2Mania Very true totaly agree!

And Paul R

MY

:mrgreen: :lol:

eughh!!

I'm not that kinda guy! :shock: :shock:

Paul.
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Paul R wrote:Hi,

I dont think that lorries should be banned from overtaking full stop on motorways, but they should be banned from over-taking without a good reason!

I mean, fair enough if there is a large load in front that is going really slow - then overtake....but, as you say, when they overtake just to get in front then they shouldnt be allowed.

not sure how it would be enforced though?

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I know where you're coming from, but you have to draw a line somewhere. Since a lot of these trucks have speed limiters, etc, at best their speed differential is about 10mph. Sometimes, they misjudge it SO badly, that they pull out to overtake and start approaching a hill, only to discover that they ain't got the oomph to do it, so you see the truck on the inside undertake them.

Driving such big vehicles, and taking up so much space on our roads, the least they owe the other motorists is some consideration.

Having been driving for the last 9months to and from work on a Motorway, I'm astounded by how much traffic these lorries can cause, just so that they can get in front of another lorry. I bet some even do it just to pass the time!

Even more frustrating is when some actually find their way onto the FAST lane! That's illegal, I'm sure of it, although I don't know how this is classified (whether it's for HGVs, or generally for multi-wheelers).

I feel SO much better now after my rant! :D

BTW, BloodUK, you still get the "stick" from me, despite how nice I'm replying! :D
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

MR2Mania wrote:
BTW, BloodUK, you still get the "stick" from me, despite how nice I'm replying! :D

No worries :mrgreen:
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

good post except when ya stuck your finger up :-k I just usually keep going,, and laugh..
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

vindezal wrote:good post except when ya stuck your finger up :-k I just usually keep going,, and laugh..

I didnt stick my finger up LOL , why would i give him the finger
it was like this

[-X <-- but with a smile
michael

Post by michael »

Earlier today you were casting judgement on a dead man for bad driving... then you post something like this.

:roll:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

michael wrote:Earlier today you were casting judgement on a dead man for bad driving... then you post something like this.

:roll:

Yep and i was right to do so the guy nearly killed some kids in another car , and if i did the same then i deserve the exact same treatment!

:-$

Return to “Driving Experiences”