Aerial down when CD playing?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jimbo3176

Aerial down when CD playing?

Post by Jimbo3176 »

Since I had a new head unit fitted, the aerial goes up whether I have the radio on or a CD playing.. whereas before with the original CD player from Toyota the aerial only went up if radio was selected.

Is there a way to wire it/set it so that the aerial only goes up when the radio is on?
MegatronUK

Re: Aerial down when CD playing?

Post by MegatronUK »

Find the remote lead that goes to the aerial, cut it and fit a small push switch somewhere under the dash or in the centre console. Its *usually* blue, on an aftermarket stereo. Bear in mind if you have an amp, that it will normally use the same wire to use it to remotely switch on (so cut after the amp joins it!)

My high end Pioneer av system does this... whereas the previous pioneer headunit (a jap one), only extended the aerial once you selected it.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Sounds to me more like you've got AF or TA switched on on your headunit - the Traffic Announcements need to constantly scan the radio stations, that's why the ariel goes up even if you're listening to a CD. You should be able to switch it off.
Jimbo3176

Post by Jimbo3176 »

Ahh didnt think of checking that (traffic news).. when I get my car back hopefully thats all it is.. if its what megatron says thats gonna hafta involve someone who knows what they are doing!

Thanks
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

Sounds to me like you have noooo problems. This is normal with aftermarket. The aerial itself has 2 sensors on its PCB, one for going up and one for going down. this is what the original Double DIN did. After market usually has one O/P to tell the aerial. My wiring had to be adjust at the back of the H/U. 2 wires soldered for this purpose. All I can say is. keep it greased. :mrgreen:

DONT MOAN! :twisted:

Return to “ICE and Security”