Head unit Wiring -- Help !!!!

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Charlie_kerr

Head unit Wiring -- Help !!!!

Post by Charlie_kerr »

Can anyone help please, I am replacing a Kenwood head unit with an original Toyota Double DIN unit, car is a Rev 2 and I am sure the double din is from a rev 3. problem is that the wiring on the connector block which came with the head unit, does not match the wiring on the loom, which I assume is the original. There are 14 wires on the loom and 14 wires on the connector. Thre are also two wires (red and black) coming separately from behind the dash, which I do not think are part of the original set up.

Anyone got the correct connectivity diagram ??

Cheers ](*,)
Sidewinder

Re: Head unit Wiring -- Help !!!!

Post by Sidewinder »

Hell - I had exactly the same problem as you with my previous tubby as the owner before me had utterly butchered the stereo wiring.

I can't remember the link for the diagram, but there is one out there! Anybody?

Even with the fabled diagram, many of my wires didn't match up (colour-wise)...at all, and I wasted an entire weekend with half the interior of the MR2 scattered all over the drive before I gave up and completely re-wired the audio with some fresh cabling and a multimeter. A pain, but worth it in the end.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Re: Head unit Wiring -- Help !!!!

Post by coolhands »

Here's my copy: Hopefully you can download it (a pdf file with photo's and other info such as how to dis-assemble your motor and re-grease it ect). I found it very useful to read.

However, I have to say I still found it difficult to sort out mine!

HTH
Chris

It is 1.5MB and takes around 6mins on normal modem.

www.sealedenvelope.com/cjb/mr2/mr2_electric_aerial.pdf

:idea:

Return to “ICE and Security”