2 subs or 1 ???

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Vindezal

2 subs or 1 ???

Post by Vindezal »

heard someones mr2, with 1 10" Alpine sub in and that sounded good i listen to all dance,drum bass garage so have decent mac audios in front (100watts) and pheonix gold 400.4 amp etc with alpine 3 channel o/p 4v...

what shall i go for, hmmm....down size to 2 x8"?? #-o
Sidewinder

Re: 2 subs or 1 ???

Post by Sidewinder »

It's all down to personal preference with regard to subs as well as the music you listen to. A large sub may give a nice wallop, but won't react as quickly as a smaller unit. I listen to thrash metal/heavy metal, so to get nice clean basslines, a decent 8" sub often does the job.

In previous times, I've gone nuts and fitted twin 12" jobbies (obviously not in the MR2!). Whereas the actual bass sounds great, it muddies the rest of the sound as the subs totally dominate...unless you turn them down, and thus negates the need for mega-power subs. :wink:
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by Vindezal »

its k i will be looking into 1 10" sub sub a decent one at that for bass lines and clarity.
Joey

Post by Joey »

vindezal wrote:its k i will be looking into 1 10" sub sub a decent one at that for bass lines and clarity.

wise man, 2 subs in an MR2 is overkill IMO, my 10" Diamond M5 does the job perfectly :)
philz

Post by philz »

Joey wrote:
vindezal wrote:its k i will be looking into 1 10" sub sub a decent one at that for bass lines and clarity.

wise man, 2 subs in an MR2 is overkill IMO, my 10" Diamond M5 does the job perfectly :)

Pah, unless you can't focus due to the bass then it's not enough ;)

I should have my Aliante fitted in the next few weeks, I'll let you know how it sounds vin :)
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

Yeah, if you have them plans for that PL sub, hope its as good or can handle my music like JLL?? PM me :mrgreen:

Return to “ICE and Security”