John Noble Motorsports Dyno Day - Results and Pictures

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ryan_s3

Re: John Noble Motorsports Dyno Day - Results and Pictures

Post by ryan_s3 »

Thanks dino,
Most guys who would be coming to nobles would be running off remapped stock management,mine will be aswell,whether the extra load and boost will chuck the cars into limp mode i have no idea?As you probably know the car's n75 valve(like a vsv) controls the boost and the ecu is reprogrammed accordingly.One good thing about vag cars is things like vag-com which means you can log boosts,temps etc with the stock sensors.

MR2Mania wrote:
ryan_s3 wrote:Hi guys,
Wondering if you think nobles is a good place to hold a RR day,i'm trying to organise one for some vag guys with the majority over 300bhp and 4wd.I noticed your comment dino about load? or something is this going to cause problems with powerful cars ie audi rs4/rs6's?

Ryan, IMHO, I think Nobles run a decent dyno day. The guys that operate the dyno know their stuff, they're nice and friendly, and they've got a good dyno with VERY good software. I know the software very well because this is what we had at Owens, and it allows you to pretty much log anything during a run (on mine, they logged and plotted fwhp, torque, boost and AFR).

The ONLY downside that I see is that the dyno run takes a bit too long, so temps can get a bit high, and depending on how good the car's boost control is, COULD overboost considerably. If you've got closed loop boost control, then it's not an issue, but other cars may overboost. Nobles are aware of the issue. But to be honest, I don't think many other dynos in the UK can offer better. The guy that used to run G-force's dyno (now opening his own dyno near Silverstone) claims that his dyno doesn't do this, but then he also weird things like run cars in 3rd gear, and also claims a load of b*ll*x which I know is totally wrong. At least I feel confident in getting my car checked at Nobles.

Hope this helps.
michael

Post by michael »

RussMR2 wrote:3 very nice pics of my car.
Cheers Michael

Russ

No problem, I saw it hidden away around the corner so took the opportunity to grab a few pics against the 'industrial' background :)
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

I would just like to add my thanks to Neil for organising this event, and to Neil & Micheal for the great pictures. Bit belated I know, but I went to see my parents in Poole straight from Nobles so haven't had the opportunity before now. It was got to see new faces as well as old.
I was reasonably happy with my results, although puzzled by the fact that I have been having overboosting problems for a while, & am having an uprated actuator fitted next week to try & solve it. On the day boost was rock solid, so I don't really know what happened. If I had known it would hold steady, I would have switched the nitrous on for my run :(
ryan

Post by ryan »

michael wrote:Nice to meet some old and new faces, didn't get my promised beating either so that was a bonus ;) White van man was probably the highlight of my day but it was good to have a look around everyone's cars to see what they have been spending money on, it's great to see them evolve :)

Anyway I took a few photos:

Click here for pics

I've reduced the size and quality of them all, if anyone wants the original pic of their car please feel free to get in touch.

Hi Michael, cheers for the pic, you inadvertantly helped me out there, as I needed to post a pic of my side skirts to someone. As for white van man, what a to$$er!
Regards
Ryan
jonno

Post by jonno »

I have scanned and uploaded the plots I have...

http://www.madcat.co.uk/perl/gallery.pl?JNMDyno2005

Neil.

Sorry for the delay - been busy :(
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Hi guys. Not had a chance to get on a PC to log on. Using the other halfs mobile phone pdp thingy at the moment. Was great to meet every one. It was my first meet. ONly wish I haf my 2 with me. HI TO THE 2 guys from oldham [foirgot your names] Cheers to dino and all his info [check your pm :) ] And big thanks to AndyF for the ride. Shame we didn't find any better roads [check your pm too]

N
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Good to meet you as well Enis, it was me & Andy Jones you was chattin to.
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Steve Horrocks wrote:Good to meet you as well Enis, it was me & Andy Jones you was chattin to.

Cheers now who was who? Who didn't have their car with them?
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Hi Enis, It was me who was driving, Steve's mental 2 hopefully back on the road very soon, He fired it up for us when i dropped him off after Noble's - You'll here this long before you see it, I thought de-catted scoobys were loud :) :shock:
moses

Post by moses »

Hi Chaps,Thanks for letting me join in.Its the first time I,ve had the gto on the rollers,Always good to know what the motor is doing,Take Care,Dave
michael

Post by michael »

:thumleft: Hello Dave!
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

moses wrote:Hi Chaps,Thanks for letting me join in.Its the first time I,ve had the gto on the rollers,Always good to know what the motor is doing,Take Care,Dave

We are getting over run with PHAT cars :clown:
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Andy F wrote:
moses wrote:Hi Chaps,Thanks for letting me join in.Its the first time I,ve had the gto on the rollers,Always good to know what the motor is doing,Take Care,Dave

LOL! Don't you mean FAT? ;)
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

MR2Mania wrote:
Andy F wrote:

Hi Dino
I was trying do give it the erban jive talk init :afro:
jonno

Post by jonno »

Andy F wrote:
MR2Mania wrote:
Andy F wrote:

Hi Dino
I was trying do give it the erban jive talk init :afro:

I loved Darren (dyno operator)'s comments - "Shes a smokey old girl aint she?" :)

Seemed to do ok for a big girl though :)
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...

Return to “Past Events”