From this to that !

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tubbylad

From this to that !

Post by Tubbylad »

Hi Guys

A few months back someone on here was selling an accident damaged MR2 Turbo. I didn't really need one as I already had a Subaru Impreza Turbo. I still quite fancied it so drove a 600 mile round trip to bring it home.

After a few months of sitting in my drive I finally got it fixed.

It is a really nice car to drive apart from the back end stepping out a lot in the wet !

It has been registered as a Cat C write off although I got the log book with the car and its now registered in my name.

The car really is in mint condition apart from the bump up the side. The current mileage is 71k, and that's Kilometres. For some strange reason the Speedo still reads in kph that's why I know its not been converted. This means the cars only covered about 44k miles in 15 years !

The car is completely standard with no modifications at all. The leather inside is in good condition and it doesn't suffer from the usual problems like rattling window or undercarriage !

2 Weeks ago someone crashed into my Subaru so I have had to drive the MR2 everyday. I should hopefully be getting the insurance money through soon on the Subaru so may be tempted to sell the MR2 and put the money together for something else. How much do you think the tubby is worth ? I have seen some advertised on here for circa £1500 and thought that was pretty low. My mate paid £3000 for his although it had not long had a new engine fitted.

I paid £1300 for the car. I thought I would be able to get some cheap parts to fix it, but ended up having to buy a £300 rear quarter panel from Toyota ! So far the car has set me back about £2500 on the road. I am dieing to mod it but don't know.

Anyway here are some pics

Cheers

And some pics of it fixed.... (spot the missing part)

Lastly some pics of the Subaru. I was stationary and the guy claims he wasnt speeding when he hit me.

DeusMR2

Re: From this to that !

Post by DeusMR2 »

the 2 looks good as new! did you have to completly replace the rear quarter? looks like a very good job. Sorry to hear about the scooby though, hope it all works out!
Tubbylad

Post by Tubbylad »

DeusMR2 wrote:the 2 looks good as new! did you have to completly replace the rear quarter? looks like a very good job. Sorry to hear about the scooby though, hope it all works out!

yep new rear quarter panel from MR T

got a door from the user gtschris.com on here and they guy who fixed it managed to repair the front wing.

it cost a little more to get fixed than I though but it was worth it.

I was very surprised at the repair on the pillar where the rear wing and door met. It was so bashed originally the door was slightly open and you couldn't open it at all

It's a pity about the subaru your right, but I have my eye on a wrx-ra which I am tempted. I don't really need 2 cars though....
craig

Post by craig »

Very nice work matey!! The '2 looks sweet now =D>

And some pics of it fixed.... (spot the missing part)

The passenger door rubbing strip...........I'll get my coat :roll:

Sorry about the Subaru though. Hope you get all sorted soon! :cry:
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Awsome work =D>
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Got the missing door strip yet ???
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

dude,

You have the same 2 cars as me!! :)

I'm the other way around though and thinking of selling my uk impreza turbo!

Keep the mr2 mate and mod it!!

Paul.
Tubbylad

Post by Tubbylad »

Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:Got the missing door strip yet ???

not yet, no one seems to want to take one off the door incase it breaks

looks like I might have to go to mr T!!

Paul R wrote:dude,

Paul.

I am missing the subaru, love the flat 4 engine.

I have my eye on a wrx-ra and already have all the mods off the damaged one to fit on it.....don't really need 2 cars though (well 3 if you include my birds 05 plate mini....must resist.....
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

Tubbylad wrote:

Paul.

I have my eye on a wrx-ra and already have all the mods off the damaged one to fit on it.....don't really need 2 cars though (well 3 if you include my birds 05 plate mini....must resist.....

Hi,

I had a Impreza Type R before this uk car and it was bloody quick!! but I had trouble with detonation...couldnt stop it...it was running too much power...300+bhp and the fuel in this country wasnt up to scratch!! even with octane booster. An after market ECU might have sorted it though!

Paul.
Tubbylad

Post by Tubbylad »

yeah you need to get the car chipped to run in this country

mine had a possum link ecu in it which cost £750 + mapping

I had a new fuel pump fitted and couldnt get in touch with the original mapper so went and got an Apexi Power FC fitted by someone else.

the following day it was written off #-o

Paul R wrote:
Tubbylad wrote:

Paul.

Hi,

I had a Impreza Type R before this uk car and it was bloody quick!! but I had trouble with detonation...couldnt stop it...it was running too much power...300+bhp and the fuel in this country wasnt up to scratch!! even with octane booster. An after market ECU might have sorted it though!

Paul.

Return to “Member Profiles”