R.I.P. Honda civic type R

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great driving
7%
Just having a laugh
27%
Stupid
20%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
47%

Total votes: 15

spencer gower

R.I.P. Honda civic type R

Post by spencer gower »

Whilst leaving a shell garage on my way to work for a night shift a black honda civic type r with a couple of muppets inside decide to pursue me,I thought here we go exhaust fodder !!. And sure enough as I floored it muppets in tow the race was on !!! down the dual carriage way muppet behind,then a circle which I needed to turn right still following me doing 90 mph this thing was still behind me. at the end of this road there is a twisting hump back bridge with junction imediately after, i slowed down for this bit, but the muppet overtook me on the brow of the bridge with blind junction and performed for me what I can only describe as torvil and dean pi$$ed. as I arrived on the brow of the bridge the poor civic spun round 360 in a desperate attempt to handle and brake for the junction!! he took out a road sign and several hedgehog homes!! the car was a write off and all I could think of was you shouldn't of done that. RIP CIVIC TYPE R may you learn your lesson [-X
jimGTS

Re: R.I.P. Honda civic type R

Post by jimGTS »

spencer gower wrote:Whilst leaving a shell garage on my way to work for a night shift a black honda civic type r with a couple of muppets inside decide to pursue me,I thought here we go exhaust fodder !!. And sure enough as I floored it muppets in tow the race was on !!! down the dual carriage way muppet behind,then a circle which I needed to turn right still following me doing 90 mph this thing was still behind me. at the end of this road there is a twisting hump back bridge with junction imediately after, i slowed down for this bit, but the muppet overtook me on the brow of the bridge with blind junction and performed for me what I can only describe as torvil and dean pi$$ed. as I arrived on the brow of the bridge the poor civic spun round 360 in a desperate attempt to handle and brake for the junction!! he took out a road sign and several hedgehog homes!! the car was a write off and all I could think of was you shouldn't of done that. RIP CIVIC TYPE R may you learn your lesson [-X

dam mate, did you feel at all guilty??
what did you do as you went past the dead car??
spencer gower

Post by spencer gower »

I suppose just too sound human,I got out of the car to make sure they were ok they were 2 young lads the passenger was quite shaken and annoyed with the driver, on the other hand the driver was spouting off how he usually drives as hard as fu@k & wished he was dead due to the state of poor civic. I couldn't believe what I was hearing,but was amused to find it was daddys insurance,moments later a passing driver stopped and by now civic driver (idiot) was whailing for help to remove civic from accident scene. at this point i left for work but I believe he convinced passing driver to help him as phone call was in progress. A few weeks later I hear of a burnt out civic in a field and he now drives an Impreza #-o
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

spencer gower wrote:I suppose just too sound human,I got out of the car to make sure they were ok they were 2 young lads the passenger was quite shaken and annoyed with the driver, on the other hand the driver was spouting off how he usually drives as hard as fu@k & wished he was dead due to the state of poor civic. I couldn't believe what I was hearing,but was amused to find it was daddys insurance,moments later a passing driver stopped and by now civic driver (idiot) was whailing for help to remove civic from accident scene. at this point i left for work but I believe he convinced passing driver to help him as phone call was in progress. A few weeks later I hear of a burnt out civic in a field and he now drives an Impreza #-o

madness!!!
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Yep, and the rest of us pay for this with our insurance premiums.
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

spencer gower wrote:i slowed down for this bit, but the muppet overtook me

You got owned by a Civic #-o :lol:
robbie_742003

Post by robbie_742003 »

Dear me, after you got to about 70 or so you should have let him pass mate. Racing to those speeds on the normal roads aint worth it. What if it had been u chasing him?!
ryan

Post by ryan »

Ha ha, it was only a matter of time before someone on here told you off
[-X
shafster

Post by shafster »

serves the twonk right, the amount of civic r peeps i see ragging it around is unbelieveable and most of them dont look over 20.
ryan

Post by ryan »

shafster wrote:serves the twonk right, the amount of civic r peeps i see ragging it around is unbelieveable and most of them dont look over 20.

My mate had a nice black rev 3 turbo and hit a pub with it (slow bend, wet road), he now has a CTr, but its slower than the 2, it does seem to handle better.
I took him for a 'fast' drive in my 2 the other day, he was nearly hiding in the footwell, as he thought my old girl wasn't going to make the corners. Think he'd forgotten how well the MR2 can handle if you dont drive it like a complete chav \:D/
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

Even my NA Rev 1 isn't as bad at the corners as they say.... As long as you're not a stupid chav and try and do the StarTrek Bridge Slide on each corner then you're okay...

Certainly those Leon Cupra's and Type R's although faster than the NA most likely tend to back down a bit on the corners.

Return to “Driving Experiences”