how 2's?????

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

how 2's?????

Post by jimGTS »

just like the IMOC before??
BenF
Premium Member

Re: how 2's?????

Post by BenF »

jimGTS wrote:just like the IMOC before??

Yep, got those as static HTML from the old site - the plot is I'm going to be pulling them back together over Christmas and uploading them again here, hopefully around the same time as we get the portal side of the site done.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

BenF wrote:and uploading them again here

Uploading them here? To the forum? Wouldn't they be better on the static site? Not a problem if they are put on the forum - I guess people can comment on them, ask further questions, etc.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by BenF »

Nige wrote:
BenF wrote:and uploading them again here

Uploading them here? To the forum? Wouldn't they be better on the static site? Not a problem if they are put on the forum - I guess people can comment on them, ask further questions, etc.

Nope, on the static site. We're looking into Portals at the moment, and they'd be statically linked off there in a similar way to the previous site.

If people have questions on them, best place to post would be in the Forums.
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

BenF wrote:
jimGTS wrote:just like the IMOC before??

Yep, got those as static HTML from the old site - the plot is I'm going to be pulling them back together over Christmas and uploading them again here, hopefully around the same time as we get the portal side of the site done.

I'm assuming you have permission of the person who owns the copyright to do that?
shafster

Post by shafster »

they've got my permission and im sure thats all that counts :twisted:
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Aidy wrote:
I'm assuming you have permission of the person who owns the copyright to do that?

Aidy, they donated them to IMOC so I don't see any problem.
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

BenF wrote:
Aidy wrote:

The bare text was donated but they often needed re-wording, spell checking, grammar checking and properly laid out with tables/formatting/imaging/HTML etc. That work was all done by me and ergo the finished work is my copyright. If you were to get the raw text the articles came from and fix them up yourself you would have no copyright issue.

Not that I mind, of course, you have my permission to re-use my work. It just would have been nice if you'd asked :P
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Aidy wrote:
BenF wrote:
Aidy wrote:

The bare text was donated but they often needed re-wording, spell checking, grammar checking and properly laid out with tables/formatting/imaging/HTML etc. That work was all done by me and ergo the finished work is my copyright. If you were to get the raw text the articles came from and fix them up yourself you would have no copyright issue.

FWIW they're all having to be reworked again to fit into the new portal, its not a lift and shift job.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Hi,

Check out http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 8529#48529

Knowledge Base is now live...including over 40 how-tos.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”