6x9 subs; opinions?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ryan

6x9 subs; opinions?

Post by ryan »

Looking to upgrade the setup i've got, troulbe is knowing whether to go for an active sub (if I can find one), to fit behind the seats, or go for 6x9 subs, and use the amp already fitted :?

Cheers guys :)
r.dawson

Re: 6x9 subs; opinions?

Post by r.dawson »

depends on what you are after, 6x9's are good for an mr2 because of its small cab, but if you want lots of base go for a shallow sub behind the seats, audiobahn do a 12" sub thats only 4"deep! then balance it out with some rear mids. either way get a decent set of components for up front and your away.
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Ryan I may have a set of subs and an amp for sale. They are quite big but I am going to see if I can modify them to fit nicely in the boxes behind the seats. Ill let you no if it works.
nutter

Post by nutter »

I managed to squeeze a set of 6 x 9's and a 10" sub in. Thats the best combo i think. depends what you're after TBH a good set of 6 x 9's amped up will be more than enough for most people due to the small cabin size of the 2
mishadbull

Post by mishadbull »

Hey I am not sure how it sounds yet but I am picking up a Clarion SRV 303 Powered 7" sub tomorrow. It should fit under a seat and be fine for the MR2. It has a 100W digital amp, adjustible crossover, and remote gain all built in. if you want to look at it http://www.clarion-eu.com/uk/ Look under speakers. it should cost around 100L

Mike
ryan

Post by ryan »

mishadbull wrote:Hey I am not sure how it sounds yet but I am picking up a Clarion SRV 303 Powered 7" sub tomorrow. It should fit under a seat and be fine for the MR2. It has a 100W digital amp, adjustible crossover, and remote gain all built in. if you want to look at it http://www.clarion-eu.com/uk/ Look under speakers. it should cost around 100L

Mike

Do you mean it'll fit in the boxes? Or under the seats? Let me know how you get on :-k

Cheers
Ryan
ryan

Post by ryan »

blue2 wrote:Ryan I may have a set of subs and an amp for sale. They are quite big but I am going to see if I can modify them to fit nicely in the boxes behind the seats. Ill let you no if it works.

Yes, its the type i'm after, something that'll fit into the std boxes
let me know how you get on
Thanks
Ryan
ryan

Post by ryan »

The 6x9's i'm referring to are 'subs' ie not ordinary 6x9 speakers. I already have 6x9 infinity speakers and they're pants :cry:

Thanks for the replies guys :)
Andy MR2 Bennett

Post by Andy MR2 Bennett »

I have 6 x 9 subs in the rear.

I chose them over a box because i could still but my t-bars behind the seats.

There not bad really for what they are, they prouduce a lovely bass if you dynamatt everything around them and fit them snug.

But you cant expect to get big bass out of them. I used to have a JL 10"

And it was alot louder and deeper,

But It's a 2 and I wanted to keep everything hidden and tidy.

I paid £150 for them I think long time ago. and have been happy with them. they might have produced some better ones since but I havn't looked to be honest. they are made by Genesis

Return to “ICE and Security”