Too right its been a long time. About 7 months or so now. :roll:

Good job I didn't need my interior!
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
cosmo

Re: Carbon Fibre Interior?**NEW PICS ADDED** Page 2

Post by cosmo »

Hi chaps... :D

Only spotted this topic a few days ago after searching aroung the forum for a carbon fibre dash. What's the latest? I'd be well interested...although I'm sure this enthusiasm will dampen when I find out what the price is! :shock:

Any chance I could could get on the list for this? Apologies if it's all been taken up. #-o

Cheers,

Dave
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

There is no definate list. Once I can confirm the fitment etc of the pieces I will get a list going again to place the order. Hopefully have some idea of quality by the end of the week.

Ant
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

Cheers Ant. 8)
ryangordon86

Post by ryangordon86 »

would quite like in on this... any news?
cantfindausername

:roll: take a guess....

I'm still waiting on Mr Reliable to send me some sample pieces. I've not been concentrating on this part of the project that much but will chase him this week.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
chrisE

Post by chrisE »

Any news yet?
cantfindausername

Sorry we've pulled out of this. The supplier was quite frankly... USELESS. I'm still waiting on my original interior... and the samples that he promised a month ago. I'm quite confident that if I had started to learn about Carbon Fibre manufacture when I sent off my original parts, I could have come up with something by now!!

Sorry to let you all down. Myself and Grant are looking to find somewhere else that can do it, but I need to find out some more information of another potential supplier, but I've been a little pre-occupied with building my engine.

We will get back on the case though.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
cantfindausername

Well it turns out that his silence was actually alot of hard work... bare in mind these are not trimmed or finished.

here are the latest pictures that have come through...

He also gave this response....

Hi Ant,

Sorry for the delay in returning your parts but.......

I thought I would have a go at producing these as an overlay - just to see how they turned out. Unfortunately I ran out of carbon, & have had the devils own job getting further supplies of the light weight types - which led to most of the delay. However most of the sections have now been overlaid, and are awaiting trimming and topcoat. The final dash section should be completed to the same stage tomorrow morning, with trimming and topcoat hopefully in the afternoon.

I have included the pictures of the sections as they are at the moment to give you some idea of the result. I hope to have the set in the post to you complete by the end of the week. Once you see the parts, I would appreciate your feedback. As they are overlays rather than original mouldings, the fitment should be perfect (or as near as).

With regard to the group buy - I will continue to work on the original mould set as & when I can , but the current cost and availability (or lack of it) of carbon means that I am unlikely to do much work on them for the next few months. Indeed I have had to suspend most new development inn Carbon for the same reason. I am currently developing only in glass & Kevlar. I would however be willing to offer the option of an overlay to the group buy members as before, if they are interested. The cost of an overlay would generally be lower than that of an original moulding with an expected price of around £175 for the full set delivered. The proviso being that I need to obtain an additional interior set in order to offer them as an exchange set by return post. I would be grateful if you could ask around & see if anyone has a dash set from a scrapper I could obtain. I can then complete a set ready for dispatch - working through those of the group buy who are interested.

Let me know what you think.

So... it looks like the actual parts would be too difficult to make.. which isn't really a surprise. We knew it was a tall order when we started looking into this. I'm hoping he'll stick to his word this time and send this stuff through this week. I can then take some very hi-res pics of it and do a trial fit to my missus car... which she's happy about :lol:

I'll keep this updated when I have info.

Ant
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Navz

Post by Navz »

damn shame man! anyways deffo interested in the pverlays if they are a bang on fit. how about sorting that out?
chrisE

Post by chrisE »

I agree, I would definitely still be interested too. Those overlays look the doggies'!
cantfindausername

hopefully the overlays will be good and we can gauge interest in them.

Will update the site (probaly a new thread) when I get them through.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Kenny-Boost

Post by Kenny-Boost »

Did anything ever come of this as the pics are not working.

i think a carbon fibre tunnel would look amazing, but its in my head as the pics don't work.

Anyone got pics?
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Well I've seen the trial pieces and they are pretty bad quality tbh, I wouldn't invest... not sure if they found anyone else but AFAIK they didn't.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”