more specific search function?

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Quigonjay

more specific search function?

Post by Quigonjay »

Hi, couple of weeks ago i posted a pic of the new mr2 roadster, 1 or 2 replies went something like 'i'm sure theres a search function on here' or 'been posted loads' etc, the problem is I DID do a search before i posted the pic - searched for things like mk4 roadster, new roadster etc but i remember 1 of the searches bringing up about 900+ results, is it unreasonable of me to think i cant be bothered looking through nigh on 1000 results to make sure a pic hasnt been posted before?
I think the problem may be that the search will look for any post that has any word in that you have typed in the search, is that correct? If so is it not possible to get the search to only find posts with the exact phrase that you have typed in?
cheers
Jay
poyntesm

Re: more specific search function?

Post by poyntesm »

Jay,

Use the option 'Search for all terms'...that should narrow the search down.

Regards
Esmond

EDIT just checked and 'mk4 roadster' and option 'Search for all terms' brings up three post..the original one that people had seen...your second one and this request!!
Quigonjay

Re: more specific search function?

Post by Quigonjay »

cheers, i'll give it a try next time i need to do a search
Jay

Return to “Club News and Announcements”