Spacey

Re: NEW THREAD Carbon fibre Border Wings

Post by Spacey »

cjones2 wrote:not heard back from v8killer

cheap alternative is fibreglass wings in different style:

Pic1

Pic2

What do you guys think about these?

Not as nice obviously. It's the vents above the arch on the borders I really like.

Having said that I'm still interested. What is cost? lead time? availability? fit quality? etc.?
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

becuase there fibreglass trimming can be done if required to ensure a perfect fitment where as with carbon fibre the fitment is a major importance due to not being able to trim without it looking rubbish.

Dont know what fitment is like am currently asking compnay to show the item fully fitted etc...

Cost is going to be around 160 + postage.. If we get enough people in ideally this can be brought down to 155 delivered or something.

Im think these are way cheaper and are available immediatly maybe a few weeks wait where as the border carbon fibre thing i was trying to organise is taking forever and i need a pair or replacement wings asap as car is going back on road soon.
Spacey

Post by Spacey »

cjones2 wrote:becuase there fibreglass trimming can be done if required to ensure a perfect fitment where as with carbon fibre the fitment is a major importance due to not being able to trim without it looking rubbish.

Dont know what fitment is like am currently asking compnay to show the item fully fitted etc...

Cost is going to be around 160 + postage.. If we get enough people in ideally this can be brought down to 155 delivered or something.

Im think these are way cheaper and are available immediatly maybe a few weeks wait where as the border carbon fibre thing i was trying to organise is taking forever and i need a pair or replacement wings asap as car is going back on road soon.

cool well assuming we can get some pics of them fitted I'll have a set for £160.
Spacey

Post by Spacey »

actually one thought, where does the side repeater go if you've got a UK or rev4+ car?
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

wherever you would like it to go..

Just drill a hole somewhere? I was going for some diffrretn style indicators or toblerones as i prefer them anyway tbh.

Cheers
Navz

Post by Navz »

hey man, if you can get me a pair of those fiberglas ones that would be good,.

let me know, thanks.
mb

Post by mb »

I'd be up for a set at £160 delivered!
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

managed to get replikit down to 150 on a group buy of 5+
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

oh just realised its 150 for a pir from there website sod it all buy seperatly then
DARRYN

Post by DARRYN »

I picked a set up from Replikit immediately . Good fit, only needed the bolt holes elongated. However for those that like the border style my wings are on their way to Dave at Neos Design. He plans to modify them a bit (most likely vents over the arch or similar) then take moulds . I can vouch for the quality finish of Dave's products. I have a set of his skirts and they are outstanding. It might be worth setting up a group buy with him. I wouldn't go to anyone else now!!
Here are pics of my original fit..............

cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

like the idea of that.

how long do you think it will take neo to complete these modified ones?

Like them alot but agree with vents on top / bit like border vents would look even better / great
DARRYN

Post by DARRYN »

Dave said it would take about a week to get this done. Although it may be longer with the modifications and the fact he's painting the wings for me ready for fitting . I've PM'd him and pointed him to this thread so hopefully we can get an update from him today . He'll be receiving the wings tomorrow morning so we're looking at next weekend before the first pair are complete .
I've sent some pics to Dave on possibilities for the vents. Maybe if we get some feedback on these that will determine the final design .
If anyone else wants to pitch in with an idea, it wouldn't hurt . But It's Dave's final decision !
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

i want i want i want... like the idea of the 2 extra vents in them..

Definantly up for this.. Any idea on price form neo?
DARRYN

Post by DARRYN »

No idea of price yet, due to the fact I'm supplying the originals to him I have a different deal, but he isn't expensive and his quality is worth every penny !!
I suppose it will not be clear until he's finished the first set .
And I have to agree I like the ones I modified to have 3 vents :) .
headcover

Post by headcover »

DARRYN wrote:Dave said it would take about a week to get this done. Although it may be longer with the modifications and the fact he's painting the wings for me ready for fitting . I've PM'd him and pointed him to this thread so hopefully we can get an update from him today . He'll be receiving the wings tomorrow morning so we're looking at next weekend before the first pair are complete .
I've sent some pics to Dave on possibilities for the vents. Maybe if we get some feedback on these that will determine the final design .
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/da ... avents.jpg
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/da ... -front.jpg
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/da ... et_img.gif
If anyone else wants to pitch in with an idea, it wouldn't hurt . But It's Dave's final decision !
Hi All.. I'll be getting started on these wings Darren has supplied on Monday.. Hope to be in-full production in about 7-10 working days time. Target price is £245.00 the pair..

If anyone interested please pm me. Lets not highjack this post by V8killer.. :D

Dave
Neos Design
dansREV2turbo

Post by dansREV2turbo »

i should have never looked at this thread! :( :P
Spacey

Post by Spacey »

dave you have PM.

BTW - my ideal wings would have the smaller vents over the arch like the border ones but no vents behind the wheel. Finally they'd have holes cut for the UK/rev4+ side repeater.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”