Portable/Folding garages

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nightSpirit

Portable/Folding garages

Post by nightSpirit »

This is a non profit thing from myself and MikeJC. We're both in need of a decent car garage solution and don't fancy the carcoon...this what we've found and on paper it seems pretty good.

The company is called Cover Systems (www.cover-systems.com). They make allsorts of covers for cars and other items. The one we're interested in is the 'Folding garage for cars' (http://www.cover-systems.com/foldinggarages/page7a.htm). It's basically a concertina (sp) type system that sits bolted to the ground like the hood of a pram. You drive your car up to it, then fold it out (like a pram hood) over the car and it closes (with the option of locking in place) on the ground behind the vehicle. This means no massive gazebo type structure, no wear and tear to paint, no inflating etc.

It turns out that this company also supply the covers direct to Toyota themselves which speaks volumes towards the quality.

The price is £497 and will only come down from this, and that includes VAT and delivery!

We will be putting the order for these through the club (thanks ToniG) and have been promised a good discount if we can get an order for 5 or more.

So far we have 2 confirmed (obviously!)

Me (nightspirit)
MikeJC

Please add your name to the list if you want in, final price will be confirmed on numbers we get.
Mikejc

Re: Portable/Folding garages

Post by Mikejc »

Just to add...

It may well turn out that we can get away with the slightly smaller garage that they sell, at £452 including vat and delivery. A test to determine the exact size needed will be carried out shortly.

Obviously if more people decide this is of interest to them, (5 or more) we will get a sizable discount on the normal retail price :)

So come on peeps, get your names down and ensure that your pride & joys are protected from all of the nasty elements! ;)

Mikejc
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

Yup...

Especially on a day like today when it's hoofing it down :(
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

Well this is a pretty crap turnout hey Mike?

Everyone buying carbon goodies then when the heat and rain hits the stuff and it fades and flakes :(

I think I'll be buying one at the end of the week.
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

I've been watching this topic, just don't have the cash to commit to a GB at the moment.
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

I know these aren't too cheap...if anyone has any non contact car cover alternatives we're all ears :)

I for one am in a rush to get something sorted as my car is sat on the road. It'd be good if we could get some more people in to save money.
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Literally sat on the road or a drive?

I'd have thought off road parking would be a must with something this size.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”